thirty-eight

"Is the coast clear?"

Huddled around the back of Beacon Memorial, Isaac and Scott held Jackson's venom coated body bag suspended in the air with a plan to get him to Derek.

Scott checked around the corner, quickly nodding before walking backwards. "Okay, go. Go, go, go, go, go."

The two hesitated around the corner needing to remain unseen.

Getting caught stealing a body wasn't a minor offense, even if said body was about to turn into a more lethal kanima. With wings.

The thick material slipped from Scott's hands, the body bag thudding to the ground. He gasped, the roar of a car engine coming up behind him as he reached down for Jackson.

Headlights coated the wolves' faces, a figure climbing out of the large SUV despite leaving the lights on.

Chris Argent shut his door, walking up to the two teens and oozing body bag.

Scott's eyes widened, feeling they were done for. He hardened his expression, remaining calm and unable to detect the other party member hiding behind the headlights. "You're alone."

"More than you know," Chris replied.

Scott lightly a breath in, letting it out quickly. "We don't have much in common, Scott. But at the moment, we have a common enemy."

Scott thought he understood, "That's why I'm trying to get him out of here."

The hunter glanced down to the bag, "I didn't mean Jackson. Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head in the same way he did with Kate. And I'm losing her. And I know you're losing her too."

"You're right," said Scott. He watched Chris for a moment, "so can you trust me to fix this."

Although taking a moment of thought, Chris agreed.

"Then can you let us go?" Scott questioned with the subtle feeling he was out of time.

Chris looked to the side, "No."

The passenger door of the SUV opened, Winnie poking her head out the door with a grin. "His car's faster."

Isaac couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head as Winnie went around back and opened the trunk. "Come on," he said to Scott, crouching down to pick up Jackson's body bag.

Chris lightly nodded to Scott before getting back into the SUV.

A wave of relief hit Scott, the two wolves carrying to body to the SUV and hoisting Jackson's unconscious form into the trunk.

Winnie grinned up at Isaac, "Surprise."

"Winnie Jones, you badass." Isaac took her waist, leaning down and pressing his lips to hers warmly.

Scott lightly smiled, shutting the SUV trunk before climbing into the backseat.

Winnie kissed Isaac back without hesitation, finally pulling away a few moments later. "Now, come on. We've got a co-captain to save."

Isaac followed suit of Scott, getting in the back as Winnie grabbed shotgun. "Abandoned business district," he told Chris. "We're meeting Derek there. He and Peter think they know what to do."

Winnie frowned at the mention of the oldest Hale, despising his presence. "Fantastic."

"You're met him?" Scott curiously asked as he glanced behind him to the open trunk.

Jackson still twitched idly, in a comatic state of metamorphosis.

"Briefly, when I left the game to get Stiles. I've drawn him more than I'd like, though." Winnie caught the boys exchanging cautious looks, "Don't worry, he knows." She lightly sighed, "Everyone knows."