Parents Don't Jump on the Couch! (UH)

*At the sound of Maria walking into the living room, Farris looks up from the television, giving her a smile*

Farris: Hello sweets!

Maria: *who has a stunned expression on her face* um, hi.

Farris: *turning off the television and standing up* what's wrong?

Maria: Um, nothing is wrong.

Farris: Then why do you look like you've seen a ghost?

Maria: I'm just in shock is all.

Farris: *taking her hand and leading her towards the couch* about what? Did something happen?

Maria: Not exactly.

Farris: Well then what is it?!

Maria: Remember how you started decorating the nursery, and I told you that you shouldn't get ahead of yourself because I have to finish school first?

Farris: *his eyes flickering to her stomach* yes...

Maria: *taking a deep breath and looking at him* Well, it looks like we are going to need that room after all.

Farris: W...what?!

*Maria nodded, her cheeks flushing pink*

Maria: I'm pregnant!

Farris: Really?! Are you serious?!

Maia: Yes! I took a test this morning but didn't believe it. I just took another one right now and it also came out positive! *she grips his hands in hers* Farris! We are going to have a baby!

Farris: *whispering* Oh my God. OH MY GOD! ALHAMDULILLAH! *he swings her up into his arms, twirling her in a circle before putting his hands on her face and kissing her deeply.*

Maria: *once they pulled apart* Are you happy?!

Farris: Am I HAPPY!? I'm thrilled! I'm over the moon! *he propels himself onto the couch, and starts jumping up and down* THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE EVER HEARD!

Maria: Farris! You're going to break the couch!

*he ignores her, and pulls on her arms so she's standing on the couch with him*

Farris: Jump!

Maria: No! We are adults! We are having a baby! Parents don't jump on the couch!

Farris: *who is still jumping* sure they do! I'm going to be a father, and I'm jumping on the couch! Come on Maria, loosen up! We are going to have a little babyyyyyyyyy

*Maria rolls her eyes, but at the size of his grin she laughed, and soon the excitement was getting too much, and she began to jump with him. Five minutes later, they collapsed onto the floor, both of them laughing and out of breath.*

Maria: *pushing the hair away from his face, and kissing his cheek* It's wonderful isn't it? Alhamdulillah!

Farris: *nodding* it really is. This is just...*he trails off* Oh my God!

Maria: What? What is it?!

Farris: *standing up and dashing to pick up his cell phone from the couch* I have to call Saleh and Idrees and tell them that I'm catching up! *he dials a number, and puts the phone to his ear* Idrees?! Guess what?! I've entered the competition! Be prepared, because you and Saleh are going DOWN!

Skript! #wattys2018जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें