Chapter 2

Alex^^^
(Edited)

"Pen, I'm sorry..." I say once we all continue walking down the hall. I feel bad that she had to witness that. She really is a good girl and I always drag her into bull shit. Ugh maybe I am a bad friend.

"It's okay." She whispers. "He's wrong. You're a great friend." I grin at her lightly and she smiles back at me, her face showing off her slight dimples that she hates. Would now be a bad time to mention them then?

"And thanks Alex." I say, deciding against teasing. "I mean I assume that's your name so thanks."

He smiles a really adorable, boyish grin and my knees almost give out. I find myself smiling too. His emotions are just contagious it seems.

"You were great back there." He says.

"Well, I'm tired of his bull shit! Seriously, he's only mad because I haven't slept with him and this hunch he has that I egged his whole families cars. Which I did. But still! He doesn't know."

"You like trouble." He says, more like stating instead of asking. Hmm... I think I like this guy.

"Any kind."

Pen says good bye to me since her class is closest but me and Alex keep walking together. We might have the same class together. But I don't know I'm usually sleeping or I just don't pay attention.

Sometimes our hands will brush very gently and shivers and sparks will fly throughout my body. My stomach does a flip every time he runs a hand through his hair, my skin almost able to feel how soft his skin is against my own. Jesus I need some air.

"So... I guess I'll be seeing you at detention." I decide to break the silence with. I also wanted to turn my thoughts away before they got sexual. Good thing he's not a vampire or he could smell how turned on I'm getting.

"Yep." He replies huskily, making me wonder what the hell is wrong with him. But I decide not to pry.

"I'm sorry. Ace is a bit of an asshole."

"Did he really sleep with students?"

"Yeah. All the cheerleaders and every whore I can think of. I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks his own daughter." To that he laughs and I melt. His laugh is amazing and so carefree.

"So you're a complete nerd?" I ask.

"Yep, you could say that."

"I wouldn't have pegged you as the type. You just seem... Bad and sexy and inviting. Not like someone who knows shakespeare cover to cover ."

He stops and I stop too, catching his eyes. He seems to be hesitant on something. Of what I'm not sure but hopefully I can find out.

"Sexy?" He asks, a small cocky grin on his perfect lips. Jesus take me now.

"Yeah, the bad boy look really works for you. It compliments your body and personality from what I've seen."

I can't believe I said that. Wow, how tall is he? I feel like a dwarf compared to him. Most guys are usually shorter since I am a meta female. Why are my palms just now getting super sweaty?

Our lips are just a breath away and I find myself wanting to kiss him. To feel those red, red lips on my own. To feel his white hair between my fingers...

The stupid bell rings and students pour out of classes, making me sigh in disappointment. Damn, I really almost kissed him.

"Well, I'll see you in detention." I whisper. I kiss his cheek like he did mine and merge into the crowd before he can respond. I feel his longing gaze on me but I keep walking to my next class with Penelope. English.