Chapter 9

Fiona^^^

(Edited)

Katerina's P.O.V
The next week flew by. The men who attacked us haven't returned. Things have been peaceful but there has been absolutely no alone time for me and Alex.

I've been taking these herbs that his mom gave me so I won't get pregnant. I think it's called butterflyorb. They taste like shit. Hey, I'm not complaining though. As long as I don't get pregnant.

I haven't really seen him at school either. Only sometimes because he's been busy with royal stuff lately. It's a little depressing.

Beth and I have hung out a lot. But when she asked if I wanted to go shopping this weekend, I politely declined and told her I wanted to catch up on sleep. She totally understood.

I pull into the driveway to my house and sigh. I can't wait to get in there and sleep.

I drag myself out of the car and force myself up the stairs of the porch. I unlock the front door and go in and straight to the kitchen. I grab a bottle of blood before going to my room and laying on my bed.

I drink my blood and look at the ceiling. Why does staring at this ceiling always make me instantly dead tired?

I roll onto my side and tuck my hands under my pillow and curl my legs up to my stomach. I sigh a well needed sigh and let the darkness consume my mind.

Alexander's P.O.V
Damn these stupid procedures. I was called a week ago by the royal courts on a claim that I was having sex with a human.

It makes me wonder who knew. Besides my family and her dad, we haven't told anyone. Maybe someone knew about the shower at school...

I reassured all the stupid council members in front of at least 300 witnesses that she is a vampire. Even if I did I had fulfilled the law because I changed her.

So I'm being let off on that minor technicality. I couldn't tell them about how she changed. That would kill her father. And that would hurt her more than anything. God I want to go home. I'm tired of staring at these expressionless faces and lavishing rooms. I just want Katerina.

I'm in the backseat of a car, staring out the window. I wonder if she's still awake. It's only 5:30 but I know she likes to take naps after school.

And it is Friday so she is most definitely dead after the week being pressed on her with very little sleep. I can't wait to get home. Maybe I'll crawl in next to her and surprise her when she wakes up.

Katerina's P.O.V
I groan. I really don't want to be up yet. I feel the hand around my waist pull me closer and I scoot closer into their warm body.

I feel a feathery kiss on my neck and I let out a small sigh of satisfaction, totally forgetting he was ever gone.

I turn and face him with a smile, putting a hand to the back of his neck and run my fingers up and through his hair.

He pulls his face up and looks into my eyes, making me instantly happy. I smile before he bends down and claims my lips with his own. Sparks and reactions to his body fly through my veins. I missed his touch.

"When did you get back?" I ask.

"A little bit ago."

"Is everything okay?"

He smiles and kisses me again. "Everything is fine. I kept your father and mother a secret. Now everything can go back to normal."

He begins to kiss me very passionately and soon I feel his hands snaking up under my shirt. God this man. The things he does to me.