Chapter 15

(Edited)

Katerina's P.O.V
Something doesn't feel right. Definitely not. I get out of Alex's arms just as a massive wave of pain shoots through my abdomen and try to stabilize myself with my dresser but end up falling to the floor.

Alex is up in an instant and then I'm in his arms. I'm sweating so much and it feels like I'm being ripped apart. My stomach keeps clenching as waves of pain wrack me and force me to cringe.

"Come on baby, talk to me." He says. He then calls for my dad and my vision begins to blur and the next thing I know is I feel massive rush of blood flow out of me and make my legs all wet and sticky.

I cry out in pain as tears rush down my cheeks and then I hear my dad curse loudly and Fiona gasps. I wonder what a sight I must be...

I feel us running rapidly and then moving in a car. I feel hands on my face, trying to get me to focus. But my eyes are rolling all over the place and my skin is clammy apparently.

His touch helps my pain tremendously but it's still so sharp and awful. I can't help but wonder what is happening. Will my baby be okay? Is it okay? I feel fear wrap it's self around my heart.

"Come on, stay with me baby." Alex says, sounding the most panicked I've ever heard him. I try to focus but I really just want to fall asleep. I see black dots dance along my vision sporadically. It's terrifyingly hypnotic.

"Let me just go to sleep..." I mumble. My mouth is like the Sahara desert. A dry waste land. Like sand in the middle of summer. I need water.

"No baby. Keep your eyes open, please keep your beautiful eyes open for me?"

I nod but I don't live up to it. And I think I kind of knew that. I end up falling asleep. And in my sleep, there is no more pain. There's only happiness.

Unknowns P.O.V
Finally! The break I've been waiting for! That stupid little bitch is having a miscarriage. If she's anything like I suspect, she won't want to touch her mate anytime soon! Perfect.

Now I just need to separate the twit from the little prince and-voila!! My plans can finally be put into motion. I've only waited years...

"Honey, are you watching the ball again?" My wolf companion says from the kitchen.

"Yes dear!" I call back. I actually hate him with a burning passion. I'm just using him until I can get this certain vampire on my side. Oh well, I've got time.

"You know I support this honey, but you need to rest. I already have plenty of packs watching their every moves."

I smirk at the ball. I convinced him to make them watch them. I managed to get in their heads that werewolf's were superior and concocted a bogus plan to destroy the race of vampires. Of course the mutts believed me. They are very dimwitted things.

"I know, I was just checking." I say, standing and forcing a happy expression. Not much longer now. I'll only have to do this for a little while longer.

I meet him in the kitchen where he embraces me. I will admit they may be idiots but they certainly know how to fuck. Since they are part animal they are so rough and just... Great. They are all usually huge too. It's great.

He looks down at me, smiling and kissing my nose. I wrinkle my nose in disgust but force a smile and slight giggle.

"You're cute." I say, running my hands through his hair. Don't get me wrong, he's not ugly or anything. He's a tall, handsome man. His eyes are a deep brown and he has a delicious physique. I just get tired after awhile and I like variety.

My intentions? Well, after I destroy Katerina and all the royals I plan on taking the crown and being queen next to Sam, her father. I know, weird. But since I refuse to reveal my identity yet you have to get over it.

I have always loved that man though. I've watched him and her from afar for years. And it seems he's found his mate which makes my blood boil with rage. I should be his mate! Not some blonde bimbo! I know her background and she's nothing but a whore. I suppose I am too but not to that extent.

"Well darling, how about we go to bed?" My werewolf asks, bringing my thoughts out of the clouds. I smile for real this time. The poor fool. At least he's good at sex.

"And what ever shall we do there?" I ask, earning a growl from him. He's so easy to turn on. He's like a fucking light switch.

"Well, my dear, I plan on pounding the fuck out of you, but only if you answer one question."

"Yes?"

His hand slides down my back, grabbing my ass and hoisting me around his waist. My back goes to a wall and my hands go to his hair as he kisses my neck, making me moan.

"Why do you smell like another man." He growls, his canines scraping against my skin. His chest is rumbling with anger. I didn't fuck anyone el- oh wait. The delivery boy. He wasn't even good.

I swallow hard, beginning my act. I've always had a back up just in case he got suspicious. Let's hope my acting is still good.

"Oh! I forgot." I say, faking this. So far so good. "It was just a delivery boy honey. I was offering him tea and I slipped but he caught me and well he helped me to the couch to lay down so he could make sure I wasn't dizzy."

He searches my eyes, looking throughly for a hint at a lie. It was a little breathy from my panting from his kisses.

"I'm sorry I doubted you." He says, kissing me. "But I don't like that he touched what's mine."

I smile as he kisses my chest again. I'm kind of glad this happened. He's going to be so much rougher to prove to me that I'm his. Also so I won't think of leaving him.

This is going to be a good night.

Alex's P.O.V
The royal doctor was doing everything in her power to help her. I know it seems selfish but it didn't seem like enough. My mate is in there, hurting. I feel so helpless but at the same time I feel like killing everyone for no reason at all. I'm going insane.

"Master Alex." The doctor says, snapping me out of my daze and sending me out of my seat.

She's a younger looking woman with long tan legs and long brown hair. She's been everyone's doctor in my entire family for 10 generations. She's always pulled us out of a jam. Not that we have many health problems. Just birthing or when we don't eat enough.

"Is she ok? Did she make it?" I ask, obvious panic in my voice. I didn't feel a disconnection from her dying. But I'm too hysterical to think that far ahead.

"Yes, she is fine. She is just a little shaken up. But she needs you Master Alex. She's going through so much and without you... It's all multiplied."

I knew that. That's exactly why I wanted to be in there with her hours ago. But there was a lot of blood and I don't think I could have handled seeing her in so much pain...

I nod my thanks and run down the hall and straight to her room, using my vampire speed. My Katerina is okay... Thank Jesus.

I never knew one person could have such an impact on me. I'm a crying, emotional mess who can barely think straight over this one woman. But she isn't just some woman. She is the love of my life. She's my mate.

As soon as I cross the threshold I see her crying. Big fat tears roll out of closed eyes as she let's quiet sobs rack her frail body. It makes my heart twist and I feel pain bleed into our bond... My baby is sad. She's mentally scarred...

I walk over to her and lay down next to her weeping self. She doesn't push me away, which I'm glad for, but merely wraps herself into me and pulls me closer. She buries her face in my chest immediately and I rest my head on hers, letting my own tears dribble down my cheeks. Partially from loosing our baby. But mostly from her own sadness.

"It's okay..." I whisper, holding her tighter. "It's not your fault baby. It's not your fault..."

She doesn't answer. I didn't expect her to anyways. I let her cry and I let myself do the same. We lost a little piece of our hearts today. I think we both deserve to grieve. To cry until we fall asleep in each other's arms. And that's precisely what we do.