Chapter 12

Warning: Sexual Content (less than usual though)

(Edited)

Fiona's P.O.V
I wake up to a strange feeling. A feeling of safety. Something I felt that night with Sam. And then it hits me.

My eyes fly open and I look at his sleeping face. How in the hell did I get here? I remember veering into the guard rail. Why am I not dead?

And why am I not in pain? I actually feel very refreshed right now and happy. What the hell?

I go to move but a pain stabs at my back, causing me to whimper and wince. Okay maybe there is some pain.

"Oh Fiona." Sam's voice whispers.

He gently picks me up and lays my head on his chest. He kisses my forehead, lovingly, and rubs my back.

"W-what h-happened?" I whisper.

"You got into accident Fiona. You crashed into a guard rail at 50 miles per hour."

It all comes back to me. The crying. The sadness. The ache in my heart. The disgust for myself.

"I remember..." I whisper.

"What happened?" He whispers.

I look up into his eyes and feel the urge to tell him everything. I gulp my confession down instead and think of something else to say. How am I supposed to just divulge why I wanted to die? He would probably hate me and be disgusted...

"I can't tell you that Sam."

"Why?"

The look on his beautiful face has my heart aching.

"Because..." I sigh. "I'm a bad girl."

"Just tell me Fiona. I promise I won't judge you."

I look down away from his intense eyes. He will never want me after I tell him. And maybe it's better that way.

"Well... How do I put this?" I swallow. "Sam... I'm... I... I work in a whorehouse... A-and I kind of got tired of living because I'm so disgusting. So I veered my car into that guard rail hoping I would die. And to be honest I'm a little disappointed."

He stays silent but I don't dare look up into his eyes. I don't quite know how he's taking it. But judging by his sigh, he's trying his best. Tears brim my eyes and I avoid his eyes.

He lifts my chin with his fingers and I see raw emotion in his eyes. Something I've never seen in any mans eyes.

"Okay." He says.

"O-okay?" I ask.

"Okay... I accept you for who you are Fiona. I'm just sad you thought no one was there for you."

My jaw drops. Am I hearing correctly right now?

"W-what? You're okay with this?"

"No. I can't stand any other man being with you. But I also know that that's something you don't want to do anymore and I'm willing to make a proposition."

I raise my brow.

"Proposition?"

"Yes. If I promise to get you out of all ties to that house and it's inhabitants, you must promise me you'll stay here. I don't expect any type of relationship from you or anything sexual. All I want is for you to be safe Fiona. And until you are I'm not letting you go."

Did he just say what I think he did? He actually cares about me? Wow... Queue some tears.

He smiles warmly, forcing butterflies into my stomach. He then wipes my tears gently.