Marcus Linnet

Matt was in his car speeding off to the Perry's house. A little girl had been taken and her babysitter murdered. Matt wondered when this guy actually slept because lately, it was a constant battle. He wouldn't let the police rest for a second. Matt had been awake ever since Kelly was kidnapped, almost two days ago. He needed sleep desperately but couldn't ever fall asleep. Adrenaline was keeping him going, well that and coffee, a lot of coffee. Ross was right behind Matt in his police car. They pulled up to the scene and the famous crime scene tape was up. Kyle was there, offering to help since the department was running out of police officers to investigate each crime scene. Any help at this point was appreciated.

                "Glad to see you here. So what happened?" Matt asked Kyle.

                  "The police got a call from the home phone of gun shots. No one spoke on the phone, and it seems that the kidnapper wanted us to come here now because he left the phone on so it was easier to track where the call was coming from. He wanted us to find the dead babysitter and the missing child. It was attorney Michael Perry's child." He said.

                    Matt knew about Michael, he was a damn good lawyer who worked on many cases Matt would give him. Matt walked up to the babysitter. She had a gunshot in the forehead. On top of the girl was two folded up note. His gloves were making his hands itch but he didn't care as he picked up the notes. Ross came over and Matt read the first letter to Kyle and him.

                 "Dear Colorado Police. I have just kidnapped Christina Perry. Her father helped put my friend away, along with most of the other girls I have taken. Their parents helped put my best friend away. His name is Marcus Linnet. I'm sure you know his sentencing and what he had done but I killed and kidnapped as well but you only caught him. I want him to be released later today. There is no negotiating because you don't know who I am." He stopped reading for a moment before continuing.

                 "At four o'clock, I expect him too freely released and no one can touch him. No one can follow him or track him or I will kill every single girl I have and even the boy I took. I think we are on the same page and once he is free and no one is tracking or following him, I will let the girls go unharmed. I think I'm making a very fair deal here so don't screw with me because I will be watching and don't think that I won't kill them because as you can see, I have already killed some girls. So please do as I say and everything will be fine. I suggest you hurry though. Four o'clock today. Oh and before Marcus leaves from all of the police officers give him this other note for me. Make sure he gets the note or I'll kill the girls. See you all soon." Matt stopped reading, his eyes widening.

               "Get me a background check on Marcus Linnet." Matt yelled to whoever was listening. He saw several officers ran to do as he said. Matt read the other note that was supposed to go to Marcus.

                "Members Doe Dreams Fetch. Remain Coefficient. Watch Pier General. Family Chick Call Every Vase. None People Rare Late Fahrenheit. Object Toad Chill Mall. Kite Pioneer. Toward Choice Shoe Daddy Kiss. What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Matt asked, showing Ross the note.

               After fifteen minutes, Kyle came over to Ross and Matt, who were sweeping the floor for footprints and fingerprints.

                "Matt, bad news. This guy is a monster. He is in jail for life and was charged with at least ten known counts of rape, fifteen counts of murder, and at least twenty kidnapping charges. There may be more than we know of. If we let this guy go, we may never get him back. Are we going to let him out?" Kyle asked, looking concerned. Matt looked at Ross for the answer.

              "We have too. If it gets out that we could save the girls and we didn't then there will be lawsuits and everything. We'll be able to get the girls back so I guess we arrange for him to get released. Then once he is let out and the girls are returned, we will put out an alert for him." Ross said.