C5| Sei mia

Gif of how I picture Cynthius (Michael B Jordan).

Dedicated to _cuckingfrazy_ for your lovely comments! You always make me smile with your beautiful (and hilarious) words! Also, your username is totally fucking crazy  ;)

Thank you guys so much for the 300 reads! I never expected so many in the first 4 chapters!

 ❉ s a r a h ❉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C5

I feel like I've been hit by a freaking truck.

With a loud, pained groan, I forced my eyes open and blinked rapidly when my field of vision was obstructed by a blinding light.

"And she awakens," I vaguely familiar voice spoke up, prompting me to jolt upwards from the bed. Despite how heavy my body and my head felt, I whipped around, searching for the stranger. When I finally found him watching me with amusement from the far corner of the room, I froze, now a little fearful of the man I'd aimed a gun at not long ago.

"You're scared," he stated, nodding his head with a friendly smile. "Which is understandable. I'm sorry I had to knock you out," I reached up to touch my neck, wincing at how tender it felt. "But I have to admit, it was pretty awesome when Damien caught you like that. That guy is way faster than I give him credit for," he added with a cheeky grin.

I felt my cheeks flush at the memory of Damien launching towards me just before I blacked out and I felt my embarrassment grow when I recalled how he'd caught me in his arms before I could hit the ground.

"I'm Cynthius by the way. You're Juliet, right?" I arched an eyebrow and remained silent –my mouth drying at the mere thought of saying anything in his presence.

Lighter skin where there should be scars. I wryly thought to myself as I quietly studied his face.

Just like Damien and Xena. He's definitely one of them.

"You know about us," he muttered, his grin falling from his lips as he watched me. "Damien didn't tell me that you knew."

I pulled the white blanket up around my chest, stiffening when he started to walk towards me.

"I'm pretty good at reading people –just like you are," Cynthius spoke again, taking a seat in the chair beside my bed. I shuffled as far away from him as I could, sidling to the very edge. "You really don't need to be afraid of me. We're here to help you."

Timidly, I looked to the blanket, squeezing my fingers around the silky material as I tried to think of how I could escape even though my legs felt like they'd been replaced with cement blocks.

When I heard the sound of the door opening, I unconsciously breathed a sigh of relief, somehow instinctively knowing it was Damien who walked through the door.

"Let me talk to her," Damien gruffly spoke to Cynthius and I didn't even have to look up to know that Cynthius was nodding.

"She knows," I heard Cynthius murmur lowly as he stood from his chair. I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut when Damien quietly moved so he was standing on the opposite side of the bed.

"Knows what?" Damien called out when Cynthius began to stalk from the room. Then, just before he closed the door, he spoke up, his quiet words ultimately confirming my suspicions.