C10| Mark me

We've reached Chapter 10 everyone! I'm honestly so excited for what's coming ;)

Thank you for all your lovely reads and votes and comments. I appreciate every one of you wonderful people!

❉ s a r a h ❉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C10

"Not a talker, huh?" the Warlock stepped forward and his predatory grin grew as my hand flew instinctively to the dagger in my jacket. "I wouldn't do that, kitten," he clicked his fingers and the moment I touched the hilt, I gasped with pain and ripped my arm away, clutching at my burnt fingers as I looked up to glare at the chuckling man.

"You know, there's quite a few people looking for you. After the mistake with your friend-" I stiffened at his taunting words and when he moved toward me once again, I found myself unwillingly enchanted by his unusual amber eyes. Nevertheless, my scowl grew when his long fingers glided across my cheek and I quickly realised that, to save myself, I'd have to fight in an unpredictable manner. "-Our boss wasn't too happy."

If I could just reach-

The moment the thought crossed my mind, an invisible force locked my arms at my side and my legs were pushed together. I grimaced when I found myself unable to move while the Warlock casually circled me and shamelessly eyed my body. As soon as he placed his large hand on the small of my back, a shiver of absolute disgust raced down my spine and when it did I found, for some reason, that I'd managed to regain control of my right arm. While he continued to talk, I subtly slithered my hand into the front pocket of my pants and when the coolness of the metal I'd previously hidden away teased the burnt pads of my fingers, I let out a breath of relief.

"Maybe I shouldn't kill you just yet," he murmured, brushing the hair cascading down my neck over my right shoulder. I felt his warm breath fan across my skin and automatically I knew what he planned to do. "We could have some-" before he could place a kiss on my neck, I whipped around with a determined grunt. Once I'd elbowed him in his muscular stomach and he'd doubled over, I ripped the warded handcuffs from my pocket and clamped them around his wrist, making sure to lock the other side around his other wrist when he distractedly attempted to use magic to stop me.

"What the fu-" I easily swept his legs out from under him as he frantically tried to click his fingers and when his body crumbled to the floor, I rolled him onto his stomach and forced his face into the grassy ground. A loud groan slipped from his lips when I harshly plopped my butt onto his back and ignoring the sound, I pulled out the knife hiding in my boot. Then, without hesitating, I threateningly pushed the tip of the blade into his back.

Move and you die.

I didn't need words to get my message across.

"Warded cuffs," the guy spat out, obviously taking the time to chastise himself. "I should've known." I remained silent and alert as I patiently sat on his back –waiting for Damien to come back. "This is humiliating, you know," he sighed after a few minutes, his styled blond hair brushing across his forehead as he twisted his head to look up at me. I spared him a glance and impassively raised an eyebrow before nonchalantly turning back to the warehouse.

After what seemed like a lifetime, I noticed a familiar figure jump from the same window Damien had disappeared through. Although every cell in my body screamed at me to run to my mate, I remained where I was, a breath of relief escaping my body when I saw he was carrying a conscious young woman in his arms. He hurried over to the trees where I remained hidden and even through the darkness he easily focused on me.