Chapter 19 ~ Finding out the truth

Heyy, sorry for the long wait D:

School is keeping me extremely busy ><. I've been going to open days at unis and been sick :S

This story is close to finishing, so please help me get to 5000 reads 200 votes and 100 comments :) im nearly there!

The song on the right is a song ive been listening to :) that i can relate to at the moment ;) hehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 19

Finding out the truth

Aiden's POV

We walked around the inside of the school building, looking for Zac. The whole time we were holding each other's hands. I couldn't help but secretly gaze over to our intertwined hands, it felt really nice, just perfect. We got a short text from Zac telling us his whereabouts when we had walked around without seeing him for at least ten minutes.

"I told Zac you were coming too" he told me, texting him back with one hand then turning back a little to look at me.

I nodded in response and followed him as he led me to a classroom I'm sure we had passed at least twice. He opened the door gently ushering me inside before pulling the door close behind me. I looked around the classroom before spotting Zac seated at the desk in the corner. He sat bent over his table, in a position where I couldn't see his face.

I moved closer, pulling my hand that was behind me to drag Xavier with me. Once I reached him, I stopped directly in front of him. I reached my hand out to touch his shoulder but he suddenly pulled up his head. I was slightly startled and jumped back a bit knocking into Xavier. The table behind up screeched back a few centimetres and we balanced ourselves before turning back to him.

He looked terrible, what happened to him? He was crying and I've never seen him anywhere near like this.

I sat down on a chair next to him and scooted up close to him. "Zac, what happened?" I asked sympathetically. He looked to the front with a glazed look before shaking his head and turning to face me. "The guy I like, he doesn't want to be with me" he replied sighing.

I shared a look with Xavier. "Who is this guy exactly?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"I can't tell you" he told me, turning away frowning.

"We can't help if you don't tell us anything" Xavier told him, crouching down beside his desk.

He looked reluctant but then, "It's Alex" he whispered, so quiet that we were lucky to catch it.

I looked at Xavier and we both had our mouths agape. Alex. It was all coming together. It explained the awkward atmosphere between them and all the secrets. It was all making sense like a jigsaw puzzle. I can't believe I didn't notice this before, it was so obvious.

I paused for a second, this means Alex, my best friend was the cause of this whole mess. I patted him on the back. "I'm sorry Zac" I said apologetic.

"I didn't even know this was happening, I was being a bad friend to you Zac" Xavier told him, placing a hand on his knee.

"I forgive you, it's not your fault, it's mine for falling for someone that was already in love with someone else" he said sighing and leaning back in his seat. "It feels good to tell someone"

"Yeah, but Alex is a good guy, really, but he's in love with Amelia and has been for a long time" I told him.

"I know, it's just a crush, it'll fade over time" he said with an understanding tone.