Chapter 10: Unexpected Guests

17K views. Woah!

"Ah! Sh*t!" Megan yelled, her voice echoing in the whole apartment. It made Isabella jolt up from her peaceful slumber.

"What happened?" Isabella asked running towards the kitchen where Megan was standing, holding her finger.

"It burned" Megan said and and Isabella examined it
"I was making pancakes and I put my finger accidentally in the pan"

"Great" Isabella muttered while grabbing the first aid box from the kitchen drawer and started applying ointment on Megan's burnt finger.

"Ah!Ah! Sh*t! F*cker" Megan yelled

"Shut up, Megan" Isabella yelled out loud, causing Megan to instantly shut up. Isabella tied the bandage on her finger after applying the ointment. "Go sit on the dining table, I'll clean this mess up" Isabella said, referring to the burnt pancakes.

They had a quick breakfast before Megan left for school. Isabella decided to clean the house and then pay Jessica a visit. She didn't even call her after she came back from Spain. She started cleaning her room which was done quickly because it wasn't that messy but Megan's room took a whole hour. Wonder what she does all day. After cleaning the living room and kitchen a bit, Isabella headed to take a shower. She got dressed into a black crop top and paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans. She also tied a blue button up shirt around her waist. Tying her hair in a high pony tail, she slipped on her brown flats and took her phone and bag. The voice of the doorbell broke Isabella's thoughts and she went to answer it wondering who would be there at that time.

"Hey" Ellie said

"Hey, Ellie. Come inside" Isabella said and they went into the living room.

"You didn't went to work?" Ellie asked

"Nope, Mr. Anderson gave me off today, why didn't you went to work today?' Isabella asked

"Well, I didn't feel like going and I wanted to see you anyways. Are you going somewhere?" Ellie asked

"Yeah, I was going to my Aunt's house. You could come along too" Isabella said

"Sure" Ellie replied excitedly causing Isabella to chuckle.

"Let's go" Isabella said and they headed to Ellie's car after leaving the house.

"So how was the trip?" Ellie asked once she started driving

"It was good, Spain is beautiful" Isabella sighed, dreamily.

"I know right" Ellie replied

"Hey, you have been to Spain?" Isabella asked

"Yeah, I went with my parents when I was probably 13 and that's a long time ago. I wanna go again soon." Ellie said and Isabella just nodded.

They arrived at Jessica's house in a few minutes. Jessica and Ellie instantly hit it off and became good friends. Isabella and Ellie both heard some voices- probably men's, coming from the living room of Jessica's house.

"Hey, Jess. Are you having guests over?" Isabella asked

"Oh yeah. They are Kevin's family friends, would you like to meet them?" Jessica asked

"Sure" Isabella and Ellie replied simultaneously. Jessica asked the girls to follow her into the living room to meet the guests. And they were both shocked to see the persons sitting in front of them.

They were Seth and Carson.

"Isabella" Seth was first who broke the awkward silence.

"Seth" Isabella replied, not sure what to say