Chapter 1: Blinded

Sarina's POV:

4 years has passed since I started at the nursing home, after a year of trainee work, I was given a permanent post at the Nursing Home and my biggest accomplishment was that I made Henry R. Wellington a more agreeable patient.

Well almost agreeable. Now that we are friends, he pulls pranks on the new nurses and trainees from time to time when it was not my shift.

But that was not all.

Ever since becoming Henry's friend and confidant as year ago. I kept on having dreams of a man I never even met.

At first, it was a blurred piece of dream and I would often just remember his words and nothing else, then he started appearing to me every night, usually his words are stressed and lonely which prompted me to listen to his problems and offer advice.

Somehow along the way, we became close and recognized each other as friends, He started out rude , aloof and conceited but somehow with just a bit of patience and kindness; this stranger started becoming softer and more relaxed in my presence.

A few months later, I had inklings that this man in my dreams might be real when he started asking about my life and my problems, my constant talks with him turned even more intimate until I wondered if he was just near me or someone I know.

I suddenly became aware of him not as a friend but as a man.

Because there was an instant where he took my hand and kissed it, that simple gesture made me blush and my heart beat so fast.

Soon much to my embarrassment; I started wanting him to touch me even more. There were times that he would hold hands with me and even embrace me, I was starting to wonder if he could stay longer.

but as of late, The touches and whispers of intimacy was so real that I often awaken in cold sweat and a flushed body while remembering the stranger clearly in my mind like a movie I can replay over and over.

This was one of those days....

I found myself by a huge lake, behind me was a hunting lodge that I used to see in European countries or read about in Victorian novels.

I looked around. The night was cold and I shivered.

It must be because I am only wearing a thin nightgown. The softness feels strangely intimate as silk glided over my legs and my unbound hair was whipped by the night air.

Despite being cold, I stared at the pristine waters of the lake, the rustling of the leaves and the fresh air was relaxing.

Then I felt that I was not alone anymore.

"You should not be outside."  he told me in his deep voice, his worried tone made me smile as he placed a warm wool blanket around my shoulders to cover me.

I gasped softly when the he put his arms around me.

His touch no matter how gentle makes my heart race lately. I felt my cheeks flush so I looked at the night sky."Th-The blanket is enough to keep me warm..."

"I know....but I want to hold you." he smiled and kissed my forehead in a slow lingering fashion. His muscled arms went to my abdomen and pressed me closer to him.

My skin tingled and I felt myface grew warmer. Such intimate closeness and familiarity with her was becoming frequent as of late. But secretly I do not mind, I was becoming more attached to him.

It was a crazy thought. Wanting a stranger you dream of constantly.

"When will I know who you really are?" he suddenly asked if n a two tone."Are you real? or just a someone born from my mind?"