Chapter 62: Elite Affair

Sarina's POV:

The Royale Ski Resort is like a whole new world compared to the rustic bustle in Argentiere town.

Everything is truly high class while maintaining the wooden structure of what a ski lodge should be. Except it is on a bigger scale.

The architect managed to make polished marbles and Sturdy wood co-exist into one structure while adding a few amenity designs that are aesthetic and pleasing.

When we were shown into the venue where Laila's party is held. It was a spacious and beautiful ballroom sized room decorated like the winter forest with ice sculptures and crystal drops hanging from the ceiling.

Everything was very over the top and it looks like the nest things money can buy.

The doorman announced our names and title clearly, his deep voice was loud and clear as it echoed throughout the whole room.

"Announcing His Royal Highness! The Crown Prince of Illyria, Leonidas R. Lyonel and his fiancee Her Grace, The Duchess of Ladon, Lady Sarina Larusso-Wellington!"

This was the first time my name and title were announced with such loudness. It did not feel real since I have never boasted about my title ever.

But Leone patted my hand and smiled at me before we moved down the staircase.

" Keep your head up, high love. Be proud and show them your confidence." He whispered as we descended.

I did as he told me and maintained my queenly facade while chewing my tongue nervously.

It has been some time ago since my last party and yet...I can never get used to attending high profile parties like these.

A few females whispered while sizing me up as we walked past them; a few were curious while most wore looks of hostility and annoyance.

I sighed. One could never get used to the jealousy that comes with obtaining one of the most sought after royal bachelors.

But the men were different. Some of them seem to hover around my plump breasts and my nape as I moved. I can feel their gazes on my form and somehow it was not pleasant at all.

"I'll kill them...they dare ogle at what's mine?" he growled softly as he leveled a cold stare at a few men, who either looked away or turned as white as a sheet.

"I have you with me so it is fine. Besides, you should feel proud." I tried to soothe his anger. "If I'm attractive enough for them to stare at; it means I am a good match for you as your partner."

"You have always been my match. Whether you dress in fine gowns or in rags; I'd still proudly show you off." he murmured, his face was still aloof but the note of tenderness in his voice was real.

It nearly made me stop on my tracks but I controlled myself and followed him but my words just must have relaxed him because he was smiling in a gentle way at me, causing a few people to gossip even louder.

From what I know about attending parties one is invited to; one must find and greet the host/hostess first before blending in with others to mingle. Leone's tall stature helped in spotting where Laila was right away.

It was not hard because there are a group of men surrounding a rather striking lady wearing a rather tight navy blue gown made of expensive satin and lace, her body dripping with expensive diamonds.

I met her once at the party I attended with Kassim and somehow what little interaction we left me with a negative opinion of her. There also something about her words and innuendos that made the Danati prince so mad that I had to feign illness to take him away from her presence.