Chapter Two

Transformation.

The last of my summer break flew by, I spent half of it down at La Push. Seth, Leah, and I had become inseparable. Leah only wished I didn't live with Esme & Carlisle.

"I don't get it Leah, they're so sweet." I told her. How could anyone dislike Esme? Everything about her was so maternal like.

"Sorry, Jules but I just don't. I don't hate them, just not a fan. Can you accept that? Please." Leah asked. Her eyes big, and dark brown, reminding me of a puppy.

"Fine." I gave in. She will come around one day I convinced myself. I shook off the memory as Carlisle dropped me off for school.

"Edward or Rose will pick you up after school. Have a great day Juliet. Don't break too many hearts." I blushes at Carlisles last remark.

"Thanks see you later." I said before running to the office. Looked like rain on the first day. Great.

---

I dragged myself out of the school. Today had been exhausting. I was ready to pass out. I had a huge course load. Chemistry, Math, Biology, America History, Spanish, World Religion and Gym. Luckily I was semi-sporty, so Gym wasn't so bad. It was the sciences that worried me. I hated science. I was so caught up in my own head I didn't notice where my feet took me. I wasn't aware of the guy texting and driving, until he was right beside me. I saw Rose out of the corner of my eye. She started to run, but I knew she wouldn't make it. I already felt the heat from the car. Great first day.

---

I didn't know if anyone could hear my screams, but I was screaming.

I was crying and puking.

My body was convulsing with burning pain.

My heart felt like it was running a marathon.

Thumthumthumthumthumthumthumthum.

So fast I couldn't count it.

What was happening to me?

Was this death.

Constant pain for eternity?

Suddenly my erratic heart stopped.

The burning faded. I could feel my whole body. Maybe this wasn't death. I slowly opened my eyes. Something was different. I could see, like really see, the ceiling above me. Every paint stroke, I could even see every speck of dust in the air. I heard leaves rustling outside, a squirrel running across a branch, even someones car radio.

What the hell?

I sat up and spun around. I noticed Esme first. Part of me wanted to attack, but part of me want to run and hug her. "Juliet?" Esme tenderly called out. I noticed several other people in the room. Their names seemingly escaped me.

"E-Esme?" I was shocked at my own voice. It was soft and sweet. Much smoother then before. "W-what happened to me?" A soft smile graced her face.

"My dear, you're a vampire." I stared at her. Was she joking? How could she be serious. Sure I was able to see and hear better, but I have no - blood lust. At the mention of the word a small ache sprang into my throat. If I'm a vampire do I have to drink human blood. Do I have kill mercilessly? Did Esme drink human blood, sweet Esme? A tall man chuckled, my head snapped to him. I knew him, I knew his name, Edwin? No Edward! That was it! I looked at the others their names slowly coming back. Renseme was the first name! Oh sweet Renseme! The Carlisle, Alice, Jasper, Rose, Emmett

"Most vampires drink human blood, we like to call ourselves vegetarians. We only drink blood of animals." Emmett, who stood beside him, smirked. Oh the irony. I bet he thought it was so clever. But wait, ow did Edward know...? "I can read minds." I narrowed my eyes.

"Tell me what I'm thinking." I started to think of anything and everything.

"Frog, Tea, Mud, Pearl, Skirt, Pike, China." He got everyone right. Edward could read my mind, how interesting.

"Can anyone else....?"

"I see the future, based on a persons decisions. It wavers in accountability." Alice spoke for the first time. She grabbed Jaspers hand. "Jas can control emotions." He smiled at me, I felt very happy.

"Oh." I wasn't sounding very intelligent. But I was in shock.

"I can block other gifts, with my mental shield. And Renesmee can show you her thoughts and memories with a touch." Bella added.

"So what does being a vampire mean? How will I change?" I twisted so I could see everyone.

"Well you don't need to breathe or eat." I realized I hadn't been breathing this whole time. "The only thing you will need is blood to survive. We are immortal. There are only a few ways to end our existence and we do not need rest." Carlisle said, had he tried? How long had Carlisle been a vampire? "Every thing about you is heightened. Senses, emotions, personality traits, and physical assets like strength."

"You're appearance has also changed, slightly." Rosalie added. I walked over to the mirror in my room. Before I had long brown/red hair, grey blue eyes, and a spray of freckles. Now I looked so different. My hair kept its length, but was a bright red with orange undertones, my eyes were a scary, yet beautiful, red, and lastly my skin. It was a pale white, almost a sickly pale. A deathly pale.

Edward snickered from behind me. I gave him a warning glance. "Don't expose me!" I said sweetly, but with a challenging look. He put his hands up in surrender. I looked back at the mirror. Was this all a dream? I needed some time.

"Let's give Jules some space." Edward said. I smiled at everyone as they left. Then I turned back to the mirror.

I, Juliet Harp, am a vampire. I, Juliet Harp, am a vampire. I, Juliet Harp, am a vampire. I chanted this until dawn. I was ready to say it aloud.

"I am a vampire."

------

So I had this finished, but half of it didn't save :? So I had to redo! It really sucked, but I think it turned out better. Enjoy. xx