Chapter Ten.

Surprised?

I climbed off Marcus' lap and stood next to his chair. Athenadora and Sulpicia smiled warmly at me and I returned it. I didn't get to see them often, only when I went up to the tower. Since Marcus and I weren't yet married, I wasn't a Queen. I didn't have to be stuck up there just yet.

As soon as I heard the heart beats of the 'tour group' my throat burned. I knew Esme would be disappointed in me, but this is how the Volturi lived. I was a Volturi now. Heidi lead the group into the middle of the throne room. Aro stood up.

"Welcome tourists, to Volterra Castle! Home of many great rulers. I do hope you enjoyed your time in Italy! Let us celebrate, maybe with a feast? Hmm, brothers? Sisters?" Every one had a smile on their faces.

"Juliet?" My head snapped towards the famillar voice. Tommy. Not the same Tommy I remembered though. He was taller, leaner, posher. I looked down at Marcus, who looked curiously at me. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't even voice my opinion. I reached out for Aro, who took my hand.

"Ahh. Jane please escort the group the dinning room. Thomas White please stay behind." Aro smiled at everyone giving polite waves. I starred at Tommy. He wasn't alone, there was an old man with him. The man who adopted Tommy, Mr. White.

"Juliet wow. You've changed so much. How are you? Do you remember my Dad? Mr. White?" Dad? Tommy never would have called him Dad before. I was so confused.

"I do. Hello Mr. White." He nodded at me but went right to looking at the Kings. He stared at them in awe. "How are you Tommy?" I asked descending the stairs towards him.

"I'm great Jules. I have a year until high school is over, and then I'm off to America to study. Didn't you always want to go there?" I nodded.

"I went, didn't like it, so came here."

"Well that's gr-" Thomas was cut off by his father.

"You nasty vampire scum!" He shouted. I turned around shocked.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Tommy asked looking very confused. Cauis was up from his seat and the Wives were ushered away. Marcus pulled me away from Tommy.

"Thomas don't interfere. These are not ordinary people. They're vampires. I've been sent with a message for you. The rein of Volturi is almost over. Everyone is finished with your unjust laws. The new leaders will soon take over."

"Guards!" Cauis called. Demitri and Alec moved to take him away.

"No! Wait, my Dad is a writer! He's probably just spewing out ideas! Right Dad?!" Tommy sounded desperate. I would be too in that situation. Mr. White shook his head.

"They are vampires Thomas. Even your trash friend." Marcus was suddenly flying towards him. No one tried to stop him. Tommy was screaming as Marcus grabbed him.

"Don't you ever, ever, ever speak down to my mate. She will always be a thousand times more valuable than you scum." I turned Tommy and myself away just as I crack echoed through the room. I knew Mr. White was dead. Tommy turned around and let out a cry.

"J-Juliet what's going on?" Tears where runing down his cheeks in steady streams. He ran over to his adopted dad and shook his body. "Dad, dad please no!"

"Tommy-" I tried to comfort him.

"NO! I don't know you. You are not the same Juliet from the orphanage. Vampire are not, your savages." He looked at me with hatred in his eyes. A part of me felt broken and lost.

"Demitri take him to the dungeon, make sure he gets three meals a day and doesn't come to any harm. I'll deal with him later." I said and Demitri nodded. He grabbed Tommy's arm and dragged him out. I turned to Marcus. He was staring at me. So were Cauis and Aro.

"I do believe you'd make a lovely queen, Juliet." Aro said smiling. "But I am truly sorry that happened. We've never had that issue before, most of the guard are at least a few hundred years old." I simply nodded and left to my room. I could feed later. I needed to think about what to do with Tommy. I knew I had to turn him or kill him. It was the only options for him.

I had to think about what would truly be better in the end. Tommy's fate was in my hands. I chose of my old friend lived or died.

---

Yay! Chapter ten!! :) Enjoy!