Chapter Six.

Date night

It was nearing nine am. I was still in meditation mode. I managed to keep my mind mostly blank. But pesky thoughts of Marcus kept popping up. I gave up. I saw my glittering reflection in the mirror, the sun was out today. That put a damper on things. I stood and quickly dressed myself with my vampire speed. Alice came barging into my room.

"Baby sister lets have a bonding sesh." She said hooking her arm with my own. I nodded in agreement. We took off running. Alice knew my love for running. I was especially fast. I felt freer then I thought possible when I ran.

"Try to keep up!" I winked at her and really started going. I knew she wasn't far behind and she would know my decisions. I came to a cliff. I sat dangling my feet off the edge. I had no clue how far the drop was. 500 metres, maybe. "Renesme showed me about the wolves. I've always read that vampires and werewolfs don't get along. But you do?"

"We have a treaty with the pack down at Lå Push. We don't go on their land. Nor can we turn a human into one ofs us." So I can't see Leah anymore? I can't go down to First Beach anymore. I felt the need to cry. Knowing that I couldn't see my friends because of what I was hurt.

"But you turned me? What happened to the treaty?"

"The wolves have a thing called imprinting. It's where a wolf meets a girl, and she becomes his everything. If she's young, he will be her friend and guardian. He will stick with her til the very end of time. He will protect her no matter what."

"What does this have to do with turning me?" I questioned.

"Jacob is imprinted with Nessie. When you got injured, Renesmee took it hard. She constantly cried. She wouldn't let Jacob or Bella and Edward touch you. She just held your hand." I didn't know this! I was touched!

"So Renesmee saved my life? Wow. " I sat there a little shocked. Alice rubbed my back.

"Lets go back." She encouraged and we got up.

It was a few hours later that I ended up in a fancy restaurant with Marcus sitting across from me. We were in a private booth in the back. The chatter of the restaurant could still be heard, but it was a ton more intimate.

"You look lovely, Juliet." Marcus said low. I probably would have blushed if I still could.

"Thank you, Marcus. You look very handsome yourself." Luckily our waitress came. To save us from the awkward post compliment silence. She did however give us an odd look. Age is just a number, babe.

"What can I get you to drink? We have a beautiful white wine if you'd like." She nervously figgeted with the pen in her hand. Maybe she was a first time waitress. I nodded at Marcus and he accepted the offer of wine. Luckily I looked 19-20 instead of 16-17. The waitress left to get our wine.

"We have some important things to discuss tonight, but I'd much rather get to know you. A younger guard informed of the game Twenty Questions. Would you be interested?" I giggled at him. "What?" I shook my head.

"A thousand year old vampire, just asked me if I wanted to play twenty questions. I find that a bit funny. " I admited. "But I would love to play!" Marcus smiled.

"Good. I will start. One place you have always wanted to go?"

"Australia, but there isn't much of an appeal to that anymore. Maybe Germany? There is a lot of history there. Or Egypt, I'd only get to explore at night, but it would be worth it. Oh how lovely that would be." I realized that was three but he wanted to get to know me right? Might as well scare him away now.

"What is your favorite movie?" I asked. I assumed he would have seen at least a few. Suddenly his demeanour changed. He closed up.

"I'll take a pass." I looked at him shocked.

"What? No! You can't pass in twenty Questions!! Answer it!" He looked right in my eyes.

"I haven't seen many movies you see." He paused, I gave him an encouraging look. " Well I guess Dracula would be my favorite." I left at how ironic the situation was. A thousand year old vampire's favorite movie, of Dracula. I burst out in hysterical giggles.

I tried to stop laughing. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I shouldn't love but seriously all the movies you pick, haha, Dracula?"

Marcus tried to defend himself. "I told you I haven't seen any movies. And personally it wasn't that bad. Maybe you'll just have to show me better movies?" I looked at him was he flirting with me? Marcus looked serious this is the last thing I expected. Will I be married to this man. What I spend the rest of my with him locked away in a tower?

I couldn't help but smile. "Of course I'd love to show you movies!" The waitress came back with our drinks.

"What will you be having tonight?" She asked taking out her pen and paper. I picked up menu but felt awkward. Human food smelt bad, and we don't eat it.

Marcus placed order. "I'll have the cannoli please." He gave me a look and I gave him a look as well as opposed to do we don't eat food .

"Umm I'll have the cannoli as well please." I said quickly the waitress nodded it wrote down. "What the hell?" I asked Marcus. "We don't eat food!" He simply looked at me.

"After thousands years you learn to play the part push the food around your place ask for the take away box and they won't suspect anything you doing my dear it's a part of our life."

I nodded. I hadn't thought of it that way. "Okay, my turn. What is your favorite flower?"

"A carnation. They are my favorite!" They grew outside the orphanage, they were the only thing I missed about England.

-------

Short chapter! I have a bit of writers block, so this is just a filler. Maybe I'll double update!!