03. Tom.

The picture above is of Shailene Woodley as Isabella Mackenzie, Josh Hutcherson as Zach James and Lily Collins as Alex McQueen. It's going to be a long chapter.
----------------------------------------------
'Even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things and we can try to feel okay about them.'~ The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
----------------------------------------------

Christiana's POV:

"Hey Christy, do you want to join us later tonight for a party at Dylan's house?", Zach called after me as I was getting into Alex' car. Zach was quite a popular kid. Even though he chose to hang out with losers like us, he was pretty chummy with rest of the guys at school. He was adored by all girls at school. He was friends with Dylan because Dylan was also a part of Westview's football team.

Today, to put it in short, was a tiresome day. Today, I did not have an AP Chemistry period and that's why the day sucked. Also, the whole canteen scenario had left me irritated and grumpy. I despised being at the centre of attention and the cafeteria is one bloody place where the whole school crowd thrives. Everyone had witnessed the exchange between Watson and me and a thousand rumours must have spread like wildfire by the end of the day. I didn't even want to hear those ridiculous rumours.

'The rumours are terrible and cruel, but honey most of them are true', Taylor Swift's voice played in my head.

Oh Lord. This is not a good time for New Romantics to play in my head. Have you ever faced a situation where a specific song keeps on playing in your head on repeat mode until you get sick and tired of it? It happens with me all the time.

Anyway, the evil and spiteful look on Kris' face didn't go unnoticed by me. I definitely noticed it. I can forebode that things are going to get more competitive and messier. And when I say that, oh boy, it definitely means that there are things that should be worried about.

There was this one time when Kris had poured water on my Chemistry project, by mistake, or as he had said so. I really don't think it was a mistake. That day is still vividly clear to me. We were in freshman year when we were made to sit side by side in chemistry class. That was definitely the day things got sour between us. Then last year, I had chucked an empty paint bowl at Kris' head and then pretended to not know who did it. Well, the list is long.

It was just then that Zach snapped his fingers in front of my eyes, bringing me back from La La land. " Earth to Christy. Always day-dreaming. So, are you going to come for the party?", Zach questioned, looking slightly impatient. I smiled sheepishly. "No I can't come for three reasons. Number one: I've got my AP calculus homework to finish. Number two: Parties aren't my scene. I won't like to be elbowed by anyone. Number three: Even Alex isn't going. She has got an important family dinner event to attend and that's why even I decided to not attend the party.", I replied, listing things on my fingers.

Just then a loud beep from Alex car's bellowed, signalling me to get inside. " That's my queue to get inside the car, Zachy. I will talk to you later otherwise Alex will eat me up for her dinner instead of expensive Italian food. See you later.", I said to Zach.

"You should have been coming to the party. It would have been amazing. And yuck, never call me Zachy again. But I guess it can't be helped. The nerd needs to be a good girl and study. Anyway, sayonara.", Zach smirked and bid me good bye.

"You know I am not your cliche nerd Zach. I am a bad ass one."

Waving my hand, I got inside Alex's Mustang. " You couldn't get any more impatient dude.", I scolded Alex. Alex had a habit of being impatient. Her fuse often fell short. Alex gave me the stink eye, then scoffed and put the radio on. We made our way towards my house with Eminem blasting through the speakers.
----------------------------------------------