16. A Modern And Grumpy Rapunzel.

The song above is 'Just Hold On' by Louis Tomlinson and I liked it a lot.
-----------------------------------------
'What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.' ~ Paper Towns
-----------------------------------------

Christiana's POV:

I picked up my jacket from the back of my bedroom's door and waited outside for Brian to come. It was Saturday noon and I don't know why but I felt like I was forgetting something.

Bruno Mars' Count On Me blasted through my phone.  I was at the porch and obviously it was Alex calling me. She had changed my ringtone again.

"How may I help you?" I drawled.

"Hello to you to, bestie." Alex cheerfully replied au contraire to my sour response to her call.

"Come to the point, would you Alex? I know you are calling me on a Saturday for something precise." I said knowing her all too well.

"Well, when you put it like that, I called you to enquire you about
your attire for the Student Halloween Dance." Alex said.

"It's cute how you automatically assumed that I am attending the
Halloween Dance." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh no, love. I didn't presume I know you are coming. You will
definitely come when I offer you one week worth of rides to school and one week of mint chocolate ice cream." Alex said.

I weighed the pros and cons. I think that one week worth of rides to school and ice cream was a win-win situation for me. It made attending the Student Halloween Dance almost worth it and Alex knew that. It was sad that she had to lure me to come for the dance.

"I'll attend only if you promise not to leave me alone to hook up with
someone." I said reluctantly.

"Consider it done. I hope you have a costume to wear." Alex said with
what was a definite smirk.

"Oh, I forgot to point out, I am not wearing a costume or heels. In
compensation to that, I'll help you with your costume shopping."

"Fair enough. Why are you annoyed today? I am sure you slept well today because it's a Saturday then what's the reason?" Alex asked.

"I have an appointment with Dr. Richards because of the fainting
incident." I groaned. Brian came out and gestured for me to get into
his car. I followed him and got into the car.

"I am sure everything will be fine." Alex assured. I hope so too.

"Anyways, I'll talk to you later. I need to get this done with." I
said and Alex hung up after saying bye.

Brian patted my hair comfortingly and started the ignition and
couldn't help but feel that I was forgetting something important.

-----------------------------------------
Brian dropped me home and went to his friends house to have 'guy's'
time or something. I took the house key from my pocket and entered the threshold when I heard a shuffling in the living room.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I don't think anyone was supposed to be at home right now. The Parental and Riley were supposed to go for grocery shopping half an hour ago which means that the house was supposed to be empty.