Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I've been running for hours now. The hunted animals were not killed just for fun. Before I ate, I had thanked them for their unintended support. My silver fur was flattened as I ran through the wind. Meadows of grass and flowers were passed as I continued to run from my past. I had a feeling inside me that told me I don't want to get caught by any pack or rouge out here in the wild. Some packs were able to track me, but I was flying out of their territory by the time most packs were after me.

My senses were more alive than ever. I could hear everything and see far into the distance. It was handy when running from your old pack.

I often ran for days without stopping to rest. The sunsets were beautiful and the sun along the horizon line casted a soft amber glow that accompanied me as I pushed on.

~~~~

I stumbled across 2 rogues as I ran through an empty meadow. I laid on my stomach as if to hide from their searching eyes. I doubt this would be much help though. I had a silver coat in case you didn't realize! I took a moment to examine the two wolves that were unaware of my presence yet. Their coats were dirty and had white tints to the top. The male's fur was midnight black with a blue glimmer as he skidded to a stop in front of me. The female had a lighter colored fur with white spots dotting her back. The male growled at my general direction before stepping in front of the female. They both growled warningly at me, but I could tell that the female feared my presence. The tall grass hid me from their sight, but they could smell my scent around their area. My black 'socks' blended very well with the dirt as well as the tips of my ears and tail, but was I really that good at hiding in the tall grass? How did they not see the silver coat?

I stood up straight from my crouched position and stepped forward so that they could see me better. The male growled threateningly at me, but for some reason, I was not scared of the threat. He stepped forward as if he were challenging me. Through this whole encounter, the female stood back. Her stance was stiff, but she was still alert. Her reflexes right now were fight or run. Fight for her mate if he were to battle me, or run if her mate were to come to his senses and retreat. She first gave me a weak glare, as if I was going to be the one to avoid this encounter. Then her eyes traveled to my coat. Her offensive stance automatically collapsed. Her mate turned his head when he heard a thump and immediately rushed to her side as she knelt down. He gave her a confused look as she kicked his knees out from under him, making him take the bowing stance. Suddenly, as if the female had explained something to him, he lowered himself even further.

What was going on?!

I threw them some clothes and hoped they would get the hint to shift. They nodded to me before they disappeared behind the trees to change.

For some reason, I felt stronger as I waited for them to return. It seemed as if I could control the world! Nah, not that powerful, but pretty damn close.

It's the alpha in you. my wolf answered.

I'm an alpha?

Yes, you're to start a new pack. Start with these rogues.

The wolves came back after shifting. The female had red hair with warm brown eyes and a fairly slim body. The male stood protectively in front of her. He had hazel eyes with dark brown hair. Cute, but definitely not my type.

"What are you guys doing?" I questioned first after shifting into my human form.

"W-we were j-just p-passing by." The female stuttered out. Her eyes were wide and darting around, as if she were ready to run.

"We didn't know that there was a pack here already." The male clarified. His voice wavered, showing that he also was scared of me.

"Oh. No. I'm just a rogue. Nothing to fear. I wouldn't be able to kill you anyways. I'm not a cruel person like that. You have not harmed me so why would I harm you?" I reasoned.

They looked surprised that I was not going to pounce and rip them to shreds.

"Want to join me and form a new pack?" I offered them. To be honest, I was getting lonely. Traveling in silence wasn't always fun. Usually, It just brought back the memories of abuse and pain.

They seemed to have a talk with each other in their minds. The guy frowned as the female suggested an idea. Possibly a way to decline my offer. But I wasn't going to pry into their private conversation. It was their business. The girl glanced at me, as if making sure I wasn't getting impatient. I politely waited for them to finish. They continued to argue about something. Hands were still, but I could tell from their facial expressions that they were not agreeing on something. I was about to say that they didn't have to join me when the guy sighed and turned towards me.

"Are you sure?" I heard the guy whisper to the girl.

She nodded slowly at him before they looked up at me. I raised an eyebrow, hoping they would give the answer soon. Traveling nonstop had given me more time, but I still wanted to get as far away from the cursed pack as possible. I spaced out for a little bit as I remembered the name-calling and the hatred I received. I heard someone clear their voice and I focused back in on the two people that stood in front of me.

They nodded at each other to make sure one last time before they said "Sure, we'll join your pack."