Original Chapter 22

Williams POV

I sighed as Alice left the room. I didn't trust these rouges. My gut was telling me that something bad was going to happen. Unfortunately, I ignored the feeling.

I stood up from the bed and walked to the kitchen. Star and Andrew were there. They seemed to be chatting about something in private because they were whispering so quiet that I couldn't hear. I silently entered the room and sauntered over to the fridge. I grabbed a fruit and some milk and left the room quickly.

After finishing my quick meal, I decided to explore Alice's pack house. It was like a maze in here. If you turn right, you could end up in the left wing. I don't know how they manage to locate anything in here.

I looked out the window to see Alice running towards her office. Did I tell you that she has a completely desperate building for offices? No? We'll now I did. Anyways, she hurried into the building and I automatically turned around trying to find my way out. The dreading feeling was growing stronger and stronger.

--30 minutes later--

When I finally found my way out, I rushed into her office to warn Alice. But I was too late. She left 26 minutes ago. I picked up her scent and followed the intoxicating scent of my mate. I ended up at a modern looking mansion. The scent of rouges was all over it. But there was another scent mixed in. I could clearly smell Alice's scent, but something was off. There was the scent of Aconitum. It was radiating off of the house and it worried me.

Suddenly, a hight pitched, pain-filled scream emitted from the house. I immediately recognized it as Alice's scream. I busted down the door to find her on the floor. The toxic plant was lying next to her neck. 6 leaves of it were in the hands of a rouges standing over Alice's limp body.

'I'm sorry, William' her voice was faint, even through the mind link. It was as though... as though she was fighting to stay alive!

I growled out and shifted on the spot. I pounced onto the nearest rouge before he could even react. Killing them off one by one, I was unstoppable. My wolf was raging, furious at himself.

All I saw was red as I attacked one werewolf after another. The pain of my mate's death stung like needles. My heart was broken. I was about to attack the leader when I noticed who it was. Blake stood there smirking. "My job here is done." He had said. I snarled at him but hesitated to kill. Then I looked at my mate. Rage surged through me and I ended his life in a blink of an eye.

Once all rouges were dead, I collapsed next to my mate. I reached for her hand and grasped it in my own. It was lifeless and cold. "Please. Please. Don't go. Please. Come back." I whispered. Tears trailed down my cheeks.

'Alex, get all members of the packs together. I have an announcement to make'

'Are you okay, William?'

'No. Get the packs together as fast as possible.'

Alex mentally nodded and I could hear him shouting through the pack link.

I carefully picked up Alice's body. I was trembling as I walked back to her pack house. Once I got to the meeting room, I placed Alice at the front of the room.

Gasps and sobs sounded through the room. Some whispers were hear. Most were hoping that this was a joke.

I opened my mouth to speak, but a little girl ran up. "Is it true?" she whispered. I nodded. Tears burst out of her eyes and she ran back to her mother. The mother looked up shocked when her daughter told her the news. She ran up to Alice's body and shook her.

"No. No. No. No no. No!NO! ALICE! DONT DO THIS TO US!" she cried, each word louder than the previous. The Lunar Nightstar pack females fainted and the males were frozen. My pack almost did the same. "She died while with the rouges. Blake, the red moon pack's third in command, was behind this. His life is ended now, but i was too late." My voice cracked at the end. "The only hope is that she really is the next moon goddess and is alive somewhere."

As soon as I finished that sentence, the air shimmered in front of me.

Alice's form took shape. I reached out, but my hand went through her, as though she were mist.

"William, I'm sorry. I knew this day would come. Today, I take over a moon goddess. To be the moon goddess, I cannot inhabit a solid form. I'm a spirt. When you're time is near, you'll become immortal with me. Stay alive. I'll always be with you, mentally and physically. I'll be by your side as an invisible spirt. I love you." Alice turned towards Star and Andrew. "Now's your time, Star. Your alpha now. Take care of the packs, alright. Just know that I'll be with you. If you need help, just call for me." Her form flickered before it became visible again. "Selene is calling me back. I'll be with all of you, remember that." She faded away and I sat there looking at the spot where she used to be. "I love you too." I whispered to the wind. I swear I heard her laugh quietly, but maybe not.