Original Chapter: 17

William's POV

I sat by the hospital bed, as I've been for the past 3 weeks. There was a faint pulse but it was very very distant. I put my head down and cried. Alice has been in a coma for 3 weeks already. Her wolf shut down her body to heal. Unfortunately, because the blade was silver and had wolfs bane on it, her wolf and soul were fighting a battle of survival. A battle they most likely won't win. Star and Andrew have done a good job of running the pack so far, but I can tell their exhausted. They're doing their best, but it is not natural for them to lead for long periods of time.

I couldn't believe it when Alice had been 'killed' by Lucius. Yes, I killed him, but I think he deserved much worse.

I watched as Alice's chest rose and fell softly. I sighed. At least she's still alive for the time being. Alex and Blake walked in as I was staring at my mate. They both gave me a sad look before Alex started to talk.

"William, you need to rest." Alex insisted. "You haven't done much for the past few weeks. Yes, I know your mate Is in a coma, but you still need to live a little. She won't want you to die of starvation, exhaustion, or un-hygienic reasons. Go. If anything happens, we'll call you immediately."

I ignored him until he pulled me up. Not having the energy to resist, I allowed him to drag me towards my room. He left, letting me shower and rest. I washed myself before returning to the health wing in the Red-Moon-pack-house-look-alike.

I grabbed Alice's hand in mine before lying my head on the mattress and falling asleep.

-----------------\(^.^)/----------------------

I awoke in the health wing. The sky was still dark so I'm assuming that it was still night. I felt Alice's hand in mine, but something was off. Her hand was freezing cold. I flipped on the light and took a look at her. She seemed in perfectly fine condition, but I saw what was wrong instantly.

Her chest was still.

She wasn't breathing.

There was no pulse.

Alice had lost the battle.

----------------(≧∇≦)-----------------

I watched as Star, Andrew, Alex, and most of her close pack members and some of mine gather in the room. They all looked confused as to why I ordered a meeting in which Alice's closest people must attend.

I took a shaky breath before addressing the large group in front of me. "I have called a meeting to inform you of a very tragic event." Star and Andrew caught on and tears started running down their faces. "Alpha Alice Wildmer has passed away." Gasps were heard all over the room, then sobs and mutters of false hopes that I was lying. A single figure walked up.

"About time she did. She was getting boring and took up space." Selina muttered.

A whole pack of wolves were on her in an instant. I wouldn't've stopped them, but Star did.

"Stop." She commanded. "Remember Alice's commands. She had said that no matter what, we should not harm anyone out of anger. Remember her in your hearts. We must follow her wishes even after death."

All Lunar Nightstar wolves backed down and looked at the floor. I turned and glared at Selina. " can you not see the impact she has created when she passed? Are you really that shallow?"

She ignored me and walk up. "Your all mine now. No more whorish girls to steal you away." I growled at her words. As soon as I felt her hand rest on my arm, I snapped. I held her by her neck and pushed her into the wall.

"I would've never been yours. Are you sure that you weren't talking about yourself when you called her a whore? I'm pretty sure you were. You have disrespected their Alpha and my Luna. Next time you offend us, I doubt they're going to let it go. And I'm not going to stop them." I snarled at her. She looked scared out of her mind. Good. She should be scared.

I turned back to Alice's body to see.........