Original Chapter: 18

William's POV

She was glowing silver. She hair was decorated with flowers. A single band of silver was acompanied by a white rose on her golden dress.

She floated up in the air before her eyes snapped open. A small explosion of power emitted from her the second she woke up.

I sat there, shocked. My mate was alive!

Selina eyed her with hatred and resentment in her eyes. Pure anger rolled off of her in waves.

Alice floated to the ground and looked at everyone in confusion.

"Why's everyone here?" She asked. Her voice was soft, yet firm, the way an Alpha's should be. But, her voice and stance seemed more powerful than before.

A member of her pack walked up. "You died Alice. Your heart stopped beating. We thought that you left."

She nodded. "Yes, as a matter, I did die. The moon goddess said that I was destined to do so, though. It's a cycle. I was born into a new role. The role of the moon goddess."

Gasps were heard throughout the room. My mate. The next moon goddess.

Selina looked outraged. "IMPOSSIBLE!" she screeched! 'I'm the next moon goddess. My beauty out shines yours. Why would the moon goddess choose a worthless soul to rule in her place?"

Hundreds and maybe even thousands of growls and snarls were directed towards her. Star and Andrew didn't make a single move to stop them.

Surprisingly, Alice held them back.

"What makes you think so?" Her expression held pity. Not anger, or rage, but sympathy and sadness.

"I am way more beautiful than you!" Selina defended herself.

"The mood goddess possesses powers, yet she doesnt posses them at all. The powers of the moon goddess can be harnessed and believed to be used by other wolves, but the true power comes from the moon goddess herself. Let me ask you: Did you develop any of her powers?"

"Yes. I developed her beauty. I'm the most beautiful wolf in the world of supernaturals.The moon goddess told me herself."

Alice sighed. "If you believe so. But your wolf is guiding your fate towards an unpleasant one. Your wolf is one of the prideful wolves. A prideful wolf always leads the shifter to a death. Because its still early, it's not too late for you to change your wolf back to a normal wolf. Your thoughts are being mixed by your wolf. Focus on reigning it in. Focus on the part of your mind that is reasonable. Focus on your true self. If you let your wolf win, nothing will save you but death."

She watched the reaction of Selina, but she didnt have to wait long. Her wolf took over and crouched into an attacking stance. Warriors surges forward, trying to get in between the two she-wolves.

"NO!" Alice commanded. "Let me handle this."

The warriors hesitated and Alice saw this. She raised her hand a chanted something in an ancient language. A barrier came between the packs and her. It shimmered before it disappeared. Selina's wolf pounced and the warriors started forward. The barrier was apparently just invisible because they were stopped when the reached it. All we could do was watch the two wolves fight.

Alice's POV

I floated up into the air and watched her everymove. Selina was fighting to keep her wolf in, but her wolf's attention was split, keeping Selina from winning the internal battle.

A shifter shuts down their mind links when battling. It takes focus to keep one open and to fight at the same time. I realized it was the same with wolves and their hosts. A wolf, during battle, either takes over completely, or offers ways to fight off the attackers. Never, has a sane wolf ever talked about the weather during war. It was the same concept. If a shifter were trying to communicate with their wolves during war, it was increase the chance of death for them. When keeping your wolf at bay, your wolf can fight it. WHen reigning in your wolf, they can also fight it. But if their attention were on a more dangerous target, reigning in the wolf would make it easier. SO my job was to occupy the raging wolf in front of me.

I dodged all attacks and made no offensive movement. I stayed on defense, not allowing my wolf to take over and destroy Selina.

"A wolf's job is to help carry out the shifter's whishes, is it not?"

Selina's wolf growled but nodded its head. I saw its eyes darting around, looking for an opening.

"Isn't it your shifter's wish that you stop attacking and release control?"

She looked uncomfortable. Her stance had relaxed somewhat, and at my words, she stood up straight. Selina's wolf gave up control and it was returned to Selina. She dropped on one knee and lowered her head. I thought that my words had finally registered in her mind, but i was mistaken. Her head snapped up and she shifted as she attacked me. It was repeating again. This time though, Selina was in control. Her wolf had won the battle between right and wrong. Her only escape now was death.

'Let me take control." My wolf insisted.

I mentally shook my head.

'Look, I promise it won't be bloody and she wont be screaming in pure agony.'

Again, i declined.

'Would you think that sparing her life now is going to help her? Take a look around. Those are all the people who came and cried when you died. DO you think they will let her go. We can make her death quick and painless. Them? They will make sure that she is screaming in pain and begging for her to die. They will make her suffer. She has done wrong, but no one should be in the amount of pain they will put her through. Ending her life now will save her.'

My wolf was right. The wolves watching the battle would torture her to no end. She'll be begging to die when they get their hands on her. They best way is if I end her life. I release my hold over my wolf and she took over. My wolf shifted and pounced on her. She stared into Selina's eyes and I watched as Selina's glazed over. Her heartbeat slowed and her breathing became labored.

"He will come back." She whispered so that only I could hear. "He will get what he wanted. You will fail. My death doesnt affect the outcome of his victory. He will succeed."

She fell limp and my wolf returned control to me. I shifted back and got off of her dead body. I let the barrier drop as I walked away from her body. The last thing I saw was all the wolves in the room bowing down to me before I passed out.