Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-5 days later-

Alice's POV

It has been five days and we are awaiting the arrival of the Red Moon pack. I learned that I have the power to change my appearance. I warned my pack ahead of time, showing them the disguise I would be using. Now, we just have to wait. Let me describe my disguise to you to pass time.

I will have brown hair with silver highlights instead of my normal silver-colored hair. My wolf will be slightly larger than a normal wolf, which is about 4ft. My wolf will also be a brown color with silver on the tips of the ears and tail. My eyes are going to be hazel and I'm going to have to restrain from using my powers. So far, I have control over the elements, I can change my appearance, I can turn invisible and people around me too, and I can read people's minds, though I try not to use it at all since I respect people's privacy. This is the first time I've had to change my appearance.

I just finished adding the last change when I heard one of the wolves on patrol, Michael, call through the pack mind link

'They're here'

Time to put on my acting skills. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I reveal my true identity. Hopefully, I don't come across any problems. Who knew that I, and innocent little girl, could be so "evil" as Star and Andrew say. I chuckled under my breath. They won't know what hit them.

William's POV

The whole pack was coming with us. We couldn't risk leaving anyone behind. The rouges were threatening everyone so we couldn't leave any member of the pack behind. I was in the lead car, driving towards the territory of the Lunar Nightstar pack. Alex sat in the passenger seat, glaring outside and often growled when I asked him a question. The whole car was ruled by a tense silence. We spilt up the pack in three groups. I wasn't worried that anyone would get lost. Everyone knew were the Lunar Nightstar pack territory was. It was almost impossible to not know of them. Their territory has expanded so much that it is neighboring 20 packs. Each year, the pack alpha would offer a few struggling packs to join their pack, which sometimes caused breaks between the territory. When those breaks happen, the Alpha and Betas travel to the pack that is separating the lands and offer to combine lands. If they reject, which is close to never, the Lunar Nightstar pack just gives up the land to a pack that is neighbors with that piece of land.

As we drove onto the territory, a gray wolf glanced at us before it walked away. I could've sworn that he had a glint in his eye; one that said "You will pay." I shook it off and focused on the path once more. The 14 cars behind me slowed down, but were still fast enough to keep up with my car.

We soon arrived at the pack house. It looked like 100 mansions put together. It wasn't surprising because of the large numbers this building was supposed to house. Each room had to be larger than a certain size, depending on your age. You can't blame us though, werewolves need their space.

Two more groups of cars that carried the rest of my pack arrived not long after we stopped staring at the mansion. I let the other wolves admire the house before I told them to go park the cars. We all parked in a straight line, one right next to another. Good thing that their parking lot has way over 1000 parking spaces. We werewolves always get the expensive cars. The car space is larger than a normal cars space because as I said, we need our space, even with cars.

Anyways, the beta, I assumed, walked out of the front doors with his mate under his arms.

'That should be Alice and us...' My wolf spoke for the first time in three years, making me jump slightly. Why was he speaking now? We've seen many couples walk past us, but he never spoke up.