Chapter 11

Chapter 11

William's POV

Alice led me to another meeting room. There was a significant difference in size, but I trusted that she had a reason for this. I mean, I hoped that the reason was something that was benefitting this conversation and not because she was planning to murder me. When I think about it though, I think it is physically impossible for her to kill me. Maybe harm me until I'm a puddle on the floor and inches from Death's doorstep, but she would never send me through the Doors of Death.

I gave her a questioning look when she turned a knob in the corner of the room. I felt a really odd chill run through me before it left. Alice let out a sigh and explained that it was a soundproofing device made specifically to stop eavesdropping puppies.

Alice turned her piercing blue eyes on me and I flinched at the slight caution and distrust that shown through.

"I am allowing this interaction between our two packs for one reason and one reason only. Even if I was once bonded to you, I will not show you any mercy."

Her tone was as cold as ice. I've watched her interact with her pack members and, from what I've gathered, she doesn't normally act like this. I visibly shrunk as she treated me with hostility.

"I don't have all the time in the world to waste in this room, so hurry and talk, Alpha William."

My eye twitched at my title. She was my mate. She should not be addressing me by my title.

No. Alice was our mate. Until she forgives you, she is just our ally. Be grateful she has accepted to help your disgraceful pack.

I mentally sighed. My wolf now no longer considered the Red Moon pack to be 'his'.

Alice cleared her throat and looked at me with annoyance clearly present.

"Well?"

"I'm really sorry, and before you say that it's too late, I really hope not, I just wanted tell you that I'm really, really, really sorry! I didn't mean to reject you. My actions caught up with me when you ran away. I let my pride and selfishness get in the way of the mating bond. The years that passed without you there, pieces of me were slowly dying. All I'm asking for is a chance. I really want you to understand that I love you and I felt horrible when I realized that I had broken my mate's heart and I feared that you were going to commit suicide because of me. I really didn't want that to happen. Alex wouldn't talk to me unless it was for pack situations. I just want everything to be where it's supposed to be. Where it supposed to be before I was stupid and rejected you. Before the whole pack treated you like that and I let them. Please just forgive me and give me a chance to play the role of the mate to you, a role I've never wanted to play until I met you. Please." I rambled out.

Alice's face was a blank mask. It was extremely hard to tell what she was thinking, but I could see her wolf wavering. It was barely noticeable, but seeing as I am, or was, her mate, I was able to recognize the momentary crack in her mask to show her wolf's love for mine. I smiled internally. No matter how much she hated me, her wolf would always love mine. Her human probably despises me as much as our kind worships the moon combined with her wolf's love for my wolf. I swear that if there was an actual wall, it'd be complete with electric wires and snipers.

It took only a second before her expression turned to anger.

"Forgive you?" She snarled at me, showing her sharp canines.

"You think that I will forgive you that easily? I've been sent to hell by your pack. I had to escape on my own. No wolf in shining armor was there to lead me with a flame. You would be foolish to even think that I would just forgive with a simple speech like that. I do not feel a tiny bit of sympathy for you. My heart was fragile, and you just tore it apart like you had just received a piece of meat after weeks of starvation. Who said that I wasn't human? I have feelings and everyone in that 'lovely' pack just ignored it. I was just a slave, a robot with a remote control that everyone had. Did you even think that I felt your unfaithful ways?"

Her voice cracked slightly. I felt like beating myself up. I had caused her so much pain; more than I thought was possible. By now, anyone would've just commit suicide.

She opened her mouth to speak again but she choked on her words.

Her wolf is fighting.

Fighting what?

Fighting her reluctance to accept us. The mate bond that was cut between the humans have disappeared. But as long as the wolves accept one another, the spiritual bond is still present. That is why she is still alive. As your inner wolves, we have accepted each other. That is what has been keeping her from mating with another wolf or killing herself.

How do you know that they are fighting?

Sources.

That's my wolf. Being a stupid ass and not giving a straight answer.

"Just, stay away. Give me time, if I even bother to consider forgiving you. You are here strictly for protection and nothing more. You are the one who rejected me so don't think that I welcome you with open arms. My reluctance to help you is well known among my pack. Be glad that I allow you onto my territory. I have almost every pack in the surrounding area at my beck and call. My pack alone can evict yours. So watch yourself Alpha William. My pack has already been commanded not to chase you and your 'pack' off this land. One wrong step and your furry ass will be thrown out of pack boundaries."

She waved her hand at me and demanded that I leave.

"We have training early tomorrow, so be sure that no one from your pack is late. One member late and we will double what we have planned for you."

Alice POV

I sighed as I got back into the pack house. I got one complete floor to myself because I was Alpha. My blue eyes examined the pack members that remained awake.

I stalked into my room and pondered over the conversation that I had just had with William. Oh, how I hate the mate bond at times. Truthfully, wolf or not, I wouldn't have even considered handing my heart to anyone other than my mate. I know that it might've helped me get over my non-existent relationship problem, but my wolf wouldn't let me let go of William completely. My wolf almost took over and accepted him again after his confession. We could see regret and truth in his eyes. His words melted my wolf's heart, but not mine. I had been through hell that y wolf apparently doesn't remember or wants for look past. I reminded my wolf of the pain of the rejection, of the heartbreaking pain when we left. He could be lying. And I couldn't forget the torture the pack put me through. My wolf fought against my harsh words and gave me a splitting headache.

I said the truth though. My mind will need a while to wrap around some information and he had to do a shit load of convincing to allow the walls around my heart to come down. He may have gotten my wolf already, but not me. Not yet. To be honest, I might cave after a few times, since my wolf already accepted. but one can try to resist. I hopped in bed and drifted into a dreamless sleep.