Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Alice's POV

My alarm rang early the next morning. I stirred and slapped my hand on the table beside my bed. The damned alarm wouldn't shut up!

I eventually gave up on silencing the alarm and dragged my feet out of the blanket. When I remembered that today was training, I yelped and rushed to get ready. I heard some pack members laugh as they heard and noticed my sudden excitement. I get to beat up the Red Moon pack!

By the time I had ran out to the pavilion, my pack was already there stretching and running in place. The Red Moon pack looked lost as they examined the Lunar Nightstar pack.

"Start at 50!" I called out to my pack. They nodded in understanding and Mark stepped forward. He led most training since he was our best fighter.

"300 Round." He ordered. Every wolf from my pack took off for their run around the track. 300 Round was from each present member to run 150 laps around the 5 mile track. If I had called 100, 300 Round would be 300 laps around the same track.

The Red Moon pack's trainers widened their eyes as the took in the speed at which my pack ran at. Mark, Tyars, and Erda were our trainers for today. Tyars ran in front of the entire pack to set a pace for them. Erda and Mark ran behind them to make sure no one stopped too long and fell behind. I normally would run along with Tyars, but I had to make sure the Red Moon pack understood our routine.

After a decent amount of time, the group returned to their original position, none sweating too hard or having trouble breathing.

"500 Start."

The group dispersed to the different stations for training. Each station was for different skills. Some ran to grab their javelins while others pulled out their covered blades and faced their partner.

I reluctantly turned away from the training field and towards the visiting pack.

"From what you've seen, I assume that you have gathered at least the basics of how we train our warriors."

I felt the presence of Mark as I continued to talk to them.

"For you, we will start at 30. Mark?"

He nodded before jogging over to the track.

"Follow Mark, he will set a pace for you. I will run behind you to make sure no one is slacking off. This is not a 'do-whatever-you-want' training session. We only accept the ones who try."

"300 Round."

Mark took off at a slower pace than he normally would have. I could tell that he was having trouble keeping that pace. The normal would be at least double the speed at which he was going at currently.

The Red Moon pack slowly jogged over behind Mark and started their laps. I ran behind them and kept a ½ mile distance between Mark and me.

I laughed to myself as I witnessed Selina trip and fall. I'm not surprised that they have trouble keeping up. They barely trained back on their territory so why would they be able to survive our training?

The rest of the training was slightly harder. It was sad how they couldn't handle different types of weapons. They only knew how to fight with their claws. This was going to be a long day.

~~~

The training was finished around 9 PM. My pack had gone back to their rooms by 3 PM, but the Red Moon pack had a lot of trouble handling the different weapons.

By 10 PM, I had already collapsed on my bed. I had released Mark around 1 so that he could go train himself or help other. I almost regretted doing that. The Red Moon pack was inexperienced so I had no idea what level they were at. In the end, I handed them daggers and a sword, both covered, and told them to fight. I let them used their own method and helped them fix their stances and advised strategies.