Chapter One

"Alex would you please turn off the music"My mom shout from the kitchen. I sigh glancing at the beat-up radio playing some Justin Bieber song. Guess good old JB isn't for everyone.  I gently twist the handle knowing that if I did it too hard it would fall off.  "Sweetie, aren't you going to be late for work?"

Crap. I look up at the clock and sure enough, it was time to leave. Since it takes me at least 15 minutes to get to Sally's Cupcakes. Are you wondering what she sells?  I quickly throw my brown hair up into a ponytail and slip on my shoes. Luckily  I'm already in the uniform which is bright pink with cupcakes all over but what can I say the pay's great.

  "Bye mom," I say kissing her on the cheek on my way out.

I just graduated high school a week ago and I would be going to college right now if it wasn't for my amazing dad.

He took the money I've been saving for my college and left. Yeah left as in literally got his clothes and tv and walked out. My guess is he is gambling away all my money. You can say he is living his best life. The amount of time I spent trying to find him is unbelievable. Someones not getting the father of the year award. 

So I got a job at Sally's cupcakes to pay the rent. You can only imagine how much I have to work to be able to do that. But I don't like dwelling on things. I mean yeah it sucks but what's the point in crying over spilled milk? We are going to ignore the fact that I do cry in the shower every once in a while.

  "Doll I thought you weren't gonna make it" Sally said in her best southern accent. She leans against the counter pushing her bright red hair out of her face. She is basically one of the most famous bakers. She's been offered a baking show but she turned it down.  She rather just be in our small town. 

  "Sorry Sal got lost in time" I throw on my apron making sure not to hit the pile of cupcakes that are right behind me. "Someones into Spiderman," I said noticing that they all have spider-man's faced carefully iced on them.

  "You're telling me I spent all night doing those cupcakes. When I close my eyes all I see  is spider-man's face." She says grabbing the tray of cupcakes and placing them in the refrigerator behind her.

  "Oh is it Tony's birthday?" I ask clapping my hands together with excitement.

  "How do you do that?"

  "Do what?"

  "You always seem to know everyone's birthdays and stuff" 

  "No Sal I actually talk to the people in town plus I babysit him" I teased sticking my tongue out. Sally just has really bad memory. 

  "Oh shut up Alex You do remember who signs your paychecks right?" She asked pointing her finger at me.

  "Oh sorry boss," I say mockingly throwing my hands up in mock fear.  "So can I go deliver the cupcakes?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ares

  "What is wrong with you?" Zeus shouted causing lightly to erupt from the sky. Zeus looked at his son disgust filling his eyes. "Do you see how much chaos you're causing? Do you see how many humans are dying?" 

  "Who cares?" Ares snarled glaring up at his father. "Humans only care about themselves they're selfish creature who don't deserve to walk on this planet"

  "That's not for you to decided" Zeus yelled sitting up from his throne practically shaking with rage.

  "Sweetie calm down," Hera said placing a comforting hand on Zeus's shoulder.

  "No, I had enough Ares you're going to live among humans until I see that you've learned you're lesson"

  "You can't do that"

  "Watch me"

   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Love me like you do" I sang tapping my hand on the steering wheel. Tony's family lives on the outskirts of town so it's a bit of a drive but Sally let me borrow her car. I open the window loving the feeling of the wind. Suddenly I slam on my breaks seeing a figure lying in the middle of the road.

I quickly get off the car running to the body. Wait is it even a body Quickly I get on my knees and gently turn the body over revealing a guy who looked about in his twenties My heart starts to beat even  faster. This guy has the looks of an angel. His black hair is all over the place. Wait hold up how can a jawline be that sharp?

  "Excuse me sir," I said poking him on the shoulder. The guy's eyes opened quickly revealing electric blue eyes. I try to maintain eye contact but fail not wanting to see the glare he is giving me. 

  "Get away from me" He groans getting up from the ground. "I can't believe he actually did this."

  "Huh?" I asked. "Look Sir do you need some help do you remember who you are? Would you like to use my phone?" Crap I'm rambling again. But when there is a model in front of me. What do you expect me to do?

  "I never met a human who talks so much" The guy groaned starting to walk down the street.

  "Do you need a ride?"  What does he mean human? Is he doing roleplay or something?

   "I don't need anything from you"I step back feeling slightly offended.  

   "I was just trying to help" I mumbled walking over to Sally's car. Geez someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

   "Yeah right" I hear him say as I close the car door shut. Well, that was a little strange right? What if something's wrong with him? I can't leave him here. It doesn't look like he knows the area. Since the street, he is walking in leads to a dead end.

  "Sir I would really like to give you a ride?" I said pulling up next to him.

   "Can you take a hint? Leave  me the fuck alone"

    "So where do you want me to drive you too?" I asked him completely ignoring what he just said.