Chapter Twenty Seven

I don't even know where to begin with Erebus. He is still standing in front of me waiting for the solution to a problem that he hasn't even explained. My eyes move to Jessica still completely frozen.

"She can still breath right?" I asked Erebus as he gave me an exasperated groan. Cleary that wasn't what he wanted to hear. But I cant bring a dead cousin to my dinner with my mom tonight. I give him a small smile hoping that he doesn't murder me.

"Yes, Alex she can breath" He paused taking a deep breath. "Now can you help me?"He said slowly like I was a five year old.

"You said she saw you right?" He nodded looking down at the floor. I noticed his cheeks turning red slighty causing me to almost gasp in shock. Is Erebus blushing? "Where did she see you?"

"So I just have gotten back from a gods thing and I was laying on her bed taking a nap when I heard her um scream"

"Wait if you were hiding for her why were you in her room?" I asked confused. I'm not expert on hiding but I wouldn't be in the bedroom of the person I was hiding from.

"No I'm hidden from her I use my power to make sure she doesn't see me I've been doing it since she was little" He paused clearly stuck in thought. "But it seems my powers aren't working right now"

"Why would you want to hide from her?"

"I'm not a good guy Alex" He jaw clenched as he continued. "She's better of without me"

"That's not for you to decide," I said gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Talk to her"

"She doesn't want to talk to me right now," He said turning red again.

"What else happened?" I said narrowing my eyes at him. He is hiding something.

"I um saw her you know, " He said rubbing the back of his neck. I tilted my head slightly scrunching up my face. No, I don't know. He rolled his eyes at me and mumbled "I saw her naked"

"You what?" I screamed hitting him on the shoulder. She's probably scared out of her mind right now.

"What the fuck?" Oh no. I quickly stand up from the seat standing in front of Erebus as Ares stormed up to us. His eyes flashing. Well, that's not a good sign.

"I thought I taught you a fucking lesson" He snarled completely overlooking me.

"Oh you did I'm shaking in fear" Erebus said his voice filled with sarcasm. "Please don't hurt me" His voiced containing not one drop of emotion. Is he trying to get Ares to hit him?

"Did he hurt you?" Ares asked me pulling me away from Erebus causing me to bump into his chest.

"You could just you know ask me I'm standing right here," Erebus said waving his hands in the air. I turn to Erebus giving him my best 'Shut up' look. I'm starting to think he has a death wish or something.

"He came for help Ares," I said moving my hand up and down his arm trying to calm him down.

"I don't give a fuck what he came for he is leaving now" Ares stated his voice sounding deadly causing me to almost run away.

"I'm helping him" Ares looked into my eyes a glare on his face. Alright, something tells me he doesn't really like my answer. "

"Again talking like I'm not here," Erebus said getting up from his seat. "I'll be back Alex" Before Ares could even say anything to him. He was already gone.

"I don't want you around him, Alex"

"Ares I'm helping him," I said softly trying not to get him anymore mad.

"Alex he is the god of fucking darkness he's a murder. Incapable of caring about anyone but himself" Ares shouted causing me to flinch back from him.

"People change"

"When are you going to grow up?" Ares said full-on yelling. I step back in shock filling myself starting to freak out. That's what my dad used to tell me when I told him things would get better. I close my eyes as they fill with tears.

"Please leave me alone" I whispered my voice cracking slightly running into the backroom not even looking back at him. I quickly locked the door sliding down onto the floor placing my face into my hands.

"Alex" I hear him whisper from the other side of the door. But I don't respond knowing if I did my voice would crack again. "Alex open the door"

"I don't want to talk right now," I said quietly as I wipe the tears from my eyes. All I can think about is my dad. He knocks on the door one last time. I sigh in relief as I heard his footsteps fade away.

"Jessica," I said out load realizing that she's still frozen. Great now my moms going to kill me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading everyone!!!