Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Apollo is having another breakdown and I don't have time to care" Erebus shouted from the living room. Apollo? I run out of my room almost ramming my head into the hallway wall. You think I would learn by now.It's not like this my home or anything. My eyes go down to the floor seeing chocolate syrup. Well, this is kinda interesting.  Chocolate syrup  wasn't something I would spend money on. I'm strictly a strawberry type of person.

"Erebus where is he?" I asked looking around the living room. Erebus doesn't even look up from his phone. He just points behind the couch. Very funny Erebus you got me. Looking around this living room made me realize how much I need to start cleaning around here. 

"Nice jok-" I was about to scold him walking over to the couch. My eyes widen as I see Apollo laying shirtless chocolate syrup all over him. "When did he pass out?" I asked kneeling next to him trying to wipe most of the chocolate off of his face

"I don't know I stopped listening after he crashed to the floor"

"Erebus that doesn't even make sense," I said. I try to gently shake Apollo up but he doesn't even stir.

"Life doesn't make sense Alex" I shoot a glare at him sticking my tongue out. Guess Apollo's deep profound poetry is affecting him. 

"You know we are going to have a meeting on how to treat our family," I said getting a pillow from the couch and placing it under Apollos head. "Maybe the first meeting will be just about being a semi decent person Erebus."

"Oh he's still breathing I'm treating him just fine," Erebus said finally looking up from his phone."Decent people bore me they always go on and on about their morals and blah blah blah" 

" You're right how dare they"  Did that sound sarcastic enough? "Apollo must have been living his best life with this chocolate"

His face scrunches up. "He's like a puppy. You know he wasn't always like this"

"I can't believe that," I said looking down at Apollo. He's always the one that tries to smile no matter what. 

"It's true your loverboy saved him" Loverboy? what kind of nickname is that? I'll just ignore that. 

"What?" I took a seat beside him begging him to continue. Ares showing compassionate is something that hardly seems to happen. How did he save Apollo? Why did Apollo need saving?

"It may be hard to see but Ares would do anything for Apollo. Like every other god Apollo went through his dark faze." Erebus paused thinking for a second. The suspense is killing me just continue already. But it wasn't a shocker that Ares cared about Apollo.  

"Ares did not let him get very far and snapped him out of it. But he was already too late. Apollo had already done some things that haunt him forever Alex things that no one should ever do." It's just something I couldn't wrap my head around. Apollo being intentionally bad just wasn't possible. "The most unforgivable thing in my opinion was that he wore all leather" He shivered. 

"Why are here?" My living door flies open revealing Ares. He shot a glare at Erebus. But the exhaustion on his face soon sets in.

"Leather?"

"I've missed you too," Erebus said getting up from the couch. "How was the family meeting?"

"You would have known if you went"

"Not all of us are daddy's little boy" Erebus mocked flashing Ares a smile. Oh no, I mumble to myself quickly getting between the two of them. "Did the meeting end in you guys all holding hands and singing family forever?"

"What did you just-" I cut Ares of by grabbing his hand and giving him a smile.

"I made dinner," I said trying to distract from Erebus. He looks down at me a small smile starts to spread across his face. "I

"Where is it, Alex?" He said looking around the empty kitchen. Okay, I may have not made it yet. But it's gonna be great when I do. The fact that I even mentioned dinner is around a big step in the process. 

"I'm working on it," I said slowly walking over the kitchen. Cooking is just something that I'm not good at. I've accepted it and was okay with it. Well until now. 

"Really Alex?" Ares says from behind me. I can hear actually hear him smirking.

"Psh yeah of course" I mumbled grabbing a random pan. Now it may come as a surprise but I only know like three recipes and they all consist of bread. 

"You should start going to the meeting, " Ares said turning his attention back to Erebus. "I can still teach you a lesson" I slap his shoulder. We agreed that the best way to help Erebus is if he's around good influences . Well Ares didn't agree with it. I just told him that was the plan. I only demanded it because Ares's way of teaching him a lesson would involve nearly killing him. So how would he learn the lesson if he's dead? It doesn't add up. 

"Only one problem with that I don't care about what any of you have to say" Erebus paused for a moment his eyes flashing red. "Seems pointless to go" 

"Wait there was a meeting today?" Apollo says standing up from the floor still completely covered in choclate syrup.  "How come I didn't hear about it?"  He doesn't even seem bothered by the syrup dripping down his face.

"Why are you covered in chocolate syrup?" Ares said he looks somewhat appalled by the mess Apollo caused.  

"Did you guys have a meeting without me?" Apollo repeated again this time looking more hurt. Ares narrowed his eyes at him as if Apollo already knew the answer.

"We needed to have a serious meeting about soulmates and last time you went it was clear you were hiding something. Ares growled getting closer to Apollo. "People were starting to notice how weird you were acting."

"Can't I just be having a bad day?" Apollo said his eyes focusing on the floor.

"I told them you couldn't make it". He paused as he waited for Apollo to look at him. " Whatever your hiding Apollo you either  need to get better at hiding it Or  tell me what's going on"

"I sense some tension" Erebus grabbed them both by the shoulder. "You wanna hug it out?"