5-The void

Lucas Fox understood the consequences of a past life. Totally exhausted and lost in a world  of normality. His past haunted him. The things he could not do, should have done, and knew he would never do floated in his mind. He sat in his recliner with the foot rest down.

   He dusted bread crumbs off of his dark blue polo shirt. Some still resonated in his beard. His once athletic build had deteriorated into his now chubby build. Then an unexpected noise alerted him. A visitor?

"Just a minute." The knock caught him off guard. He answered to see his creation.

"Remember me?" His son joked.

   "Wow" luke shook his head. His wavy black hair swayed.

"Oh. Not the welcome I was expecting." Andrew Fox said.

"No I mean wow you actually decided to visit me." Luke got a quick glance at drew's friends.

"And you even brought company." Luke told him. Drew said nothing

"Well come in damnit." He invited. The older man led them in to the house located in a Miami suburban neighborhood.

   "Sit. I'll get you guys some beers." Luke said

"None for me please. You have a cup? Like a paper cup?" Tom asked him. 

"Yeah I'll be right back." Luke walked off to the kitchen. Drew gave tom a curious look. Tom just ignored it. The three then heard glass bottles rattling and plastic.

   Luke came out with three Bud lights.  He handed one to Emily, drew and kept one for himself. He handed a foam cup to tom.

"Thanks." He said. Tom took out a round,thin can with the word 'Copenhagen' on the lid.

   "That's a nasty habit Richey." Drew joked 

"Maybe but you can't argue when it's whiskey blend." Drew shook his head as he watched tom pack the can. He held the can with his fingers and used his index finger to fly freely while he shook his hand. His index finger banged on the lid.

   He stopped,popped the lid open and took a pinch of the long cut and set it on his left side between his teeth and cheek. After settling a bit, he spit into the cup. Emily stared at the murky liquid

"Eww." She said calmly in disgust. "Don't judge." He chuckled.

   Luke cracked open a beer
"So who are my other guests?" He asked after his first sip. Tom reached his left hand out first.

"Thomas Richardson."
"Rich." he introduced.

"You have a nickname now?" Emily asked

"yeah me and drew are partners so we have nicknames." Tom asnswered her.

   "What's yours?" She looked at the younger Fox.

"Drew."

"That's not even a nickname." She said

"Right. See Rich, I did have a point. I'm starting to doubt you. First,you give me a name I already had and then you dress nicely for emily only to do that..." drew pointed at the spit cup.

   "In front of her." He got a laugh out of that.

"Anyway. I'm Emily Green." She shook luke's hand.

"So what this meeting about?" Luke asked.

"Your son was eager to tell you how well he dressed in front of a lady. It was my idea by the way." Tom joked.

   Drew only looked at him in annoyance. "Don't start." He said. He then took off his medallion and dropped it on luke's coffee table in front of the couch that the three sat on. Luke was in his recliner on the other side of the table. He reached for his glasses and put them on.