8-Mountain slide

20 minutes earlier
*****************
With the tile over the only exit,the two feared the worst.

"There's no way out!" Tom yelled.

"Just calm down Rich." Drew replied.

"We're going to die in here god damn it!" Tom shouted. Drew turned to his partner and grabbed him by his shoulders

"Rich,you were in the marines right?" Drew asked.

"Yeah but what the hell does that have-" drew began to cut rich off.

"You should know that panic causes the brain to overthink. We need to stay calm." Rich closed his eyes and took a deep breath

"Right." He was partially relaxed.

Drew wasted no time searching the room for a solution. The statues!

"I have an idea." He said. He ran over to the bronze statue of Hephaestus.

"These statues are bronze but they're old. I need you to help me loosen the sword from his hands." Drew said

"Okay?" Tom said in a confused tone.

"We're going to use it for a lever to pry open the tile." Drew said.

"Okay. Sounds good." Tom planted his hands on one end of the sword. Drew had the other. The two pushed down as hard as they could. It didn't even budge.

"Hold on." Drew climbed the statue and stood on the handle. He gained balance and began jumping up and down.

"Push down!" Drew yelled.

"I am!" His partner yelled back. The weak bronze began to crack. One last jump finally broke the sword from Hephaestus's grip. Drew fell onto his stomach.

He stood up,grabbed the sword and bolted to the ladder.

"I need you to hold me up." Drew said. Tom grabbed drew's feet while he was halfway up the ladder.

"Here we go!" He pushed on the edge of the tile with the blade. It began to prop open a crack.

He shoved the sword into the opening and held on to the the hilt,the sword's handle bent down thus, turining the sword into a lever. The tile slid over and burning wood tainted his sense of smell.

"Come on!" He yelled to tom as his feet left tom's hands.

Once drew was up,he ran for the tunnel. A slight creak made him look up. A massive piece of the rafters fell onto him. The young man heard faint voices in the tunnel as he realized he was pinned down by a piece of the wooden structure's ceiling. He reached for his pocket book and clutched it while blood dripped from his lower lip.

"Are you really worth all this?" He asked the drawing of his most prized possession.

Realizing he needed to move,he pushed himself backwards and crawled out from under the burning wood. He thought he heard a voice but thought he was imagining it. "Drew!" A voice called out.

The confused man surveyed the room. "Drew!!" Tom grabbed his arm to help him up. He looked at tom in the eyes.

"They're coming!" He said. Drew stood up and took a moment to realize what he had gotten him and his professor into. These men,his father's former partner were dangerous people. He picked a fight unarmed against armed men.

Out of the corner of his eye,he saw a mercenary walking into the cave with his nine millimeter pistol in his hands,leading the way. He pulled tom behind the remains of the wooden wall.