14-Deception

She stood in diving gear. Prepared to end this mess by giving these men what they wanted and going home before Drew and Tom showed up and things got ugly

"Ready?!" The radio operator asked in their headsets.

The dive leader signaled with an "ok" gesture. He ran off the deck and dived. The others followed. Emily went head first into water. After the bubbles faded, she saw the blue abyss. A few fish scattered.

"We need to scan the sea floor." The leader said.

She swam with the group further down. After awhile, the sea appeared endless.

"We're entering dark water. Switch flashlights on."the leader warned. Emily reached for her's and a small beam illuminated the group in front.

"We reached the sea floor. Keep an eye out for notches or anything unusual."Emily saw an unbelievable landscape. Rocky mountains with plenty of fish swarming various underwater objects. She only understood one thing. These men really wanted the city.

"Command, we're finding nothing unusual. Are we in the right place?" No response. "Command?"still no response

"we need to resurface."he said.

"Regroup on me." Emily was experiencing a new pastime to her. Diving. She seemed to enjoy herself in a way. It might have been fun without being held hostage.

She could see light. The ripples in the water was a beautiful sight. In that moment, it was ruined. She saw orange light flash by the ship and the reflection of rotors. Most likely Drew and Tom.

The buzzing on the outside was deafening. Soldiers scrambled on the deck until lynch appeared. He smiled, which meant he had a plan. His radio crackled with pieces of drew's voice. He adjusted the signal.

"Guess who?"drew's voice came through.

"Guess what? I don't care."lynch answered. The whole ship could hear the conversation. They had hijacked the comm system.

"Where's Emily?"drew asked while sitting in the co-pilot seat next to rich who was hovering the chopper.

"Come down here and find out."lynch answered.

"You're looking in the wrong place you moron!" The smile disappeared from lynch's face. Drew saw it from the chopper window. "You didn't think we'd just give up did you?"

Lynch began to laugh. "You marked the map. See this is why I wanted to kill you!"he threw his arms up.

"Aww you failed. I wonder what Flint would say to His loyal dog about this matter. Let's find out." Drew said. Lynch then heard phone dialing sounds in the background. Lynch only stood there with his hands on his hips.

"Hello?" A man with a young, and deep voice answered. Drew put it on speaker phone.

"Hey asshole. How's your day?"drew asked.

"Well well. You must be Fox's snobby little kid."

"I'm his son! I've called to tell you how much of a failure your little friend is here. I have the upper hand now."

"So you say. You don't even know as much as you think you do. So let me transfer you to someone who cares."he went silent.

"Drew stop this nonsense!"he heard a voice he knew all to well.

"What the hell is this?!"drew asked.

"Just land the helicopter. We need to talk. I'll be waiting." The man hung up.