15-Torn away

"You know we're all dead right?"Emily tried to explain to the group.

"Yeah we know how lynch's deals end up." Drew said.

"Then what are we doing here drew? Emily asked.

"He knows what he's doing"Luke proudly said.

"He's our boy. You taught him right." Jess said "I just wish I could've been there."

The lounge was cold. The heat on the ship wasn't running. The group sat on the floor, scattered out.

"I wanna know why." Drew broke the silence. The group looked at him.

"Why did you leave? You know Flint couldn't have forced you."

"His reach is further than you think." Luke answered for his wife.

Drew gave his father the hand, a silencing gesture. "I wanna hear it from her." He said.

"He's right drew." She said "Flint hunted for your father for years. He had people in government and people in the news corporations. There was no hiding from that. So he found him, threatened to attack our family and discredit his reputation by slandering him."

"He wanted to provide false media to the public, claiming his finds were fake. No one would believe he was onto something about Atlantis. The thing is, your father was big on history. He's went on to find plenty of things hidden from us."

"I gave him the credit."Luke said

"Wait. Why?" Drew asked

"Flint watched over me alot when I was a kid. We grew up in a rough school. I owed him."

"And he screwed you over. Some friend."

"He wasn't always like this. We were pulled apart as kids. He moved to California because his parents were tired of him getting into fights to protect me. So he went on alone to do his research on artifacts. I kinda got him into history so he believed it was right for him."

"I guess being alone changed him. He seems to always push people away after that."

"What did he do to you?" Drew asked.

"Nothing. Only because I told him I'd give up My life to research for him and his company." Jess said.

"Apex." Drew stated the name.

"He needed someone to do his work while he recruited treasure hunters to find things and he knew I could tell him things that Luke wouldn't." She finished

"It still didn't stop him. He has lynch now." Drew said.

"Because I misled him. He still kept watch on your father. He knew that you would someday be a problem to him. So he gave lynch everything he needed to track you down for the medallion."

"And here we are." Luke said.

"It's still funny how the moron didn't catch on to the misleading." Drew said.

"He may have suspected it. That's probably why he decided to go all out and have lynch do it."

"Well at any rate, I don't like how lynch is reacting to all of this. He would have killed us all considering we took out alot of his men." Drew said.

"He's definitely planning something. We're only alive because he knows he needs us." Luke said.

"Well let's keep it that way." Drew said as he relaxed the floor.

"So what did you guys do to find the clues. I wish I could have been there." Luke said as his attitude is totally changed now from the last time they met at his house.

"The clue at the pillars of hercules was the book of Sais. Only it was missing pages. But hieroglyphs revealed the Word Sais when my buddy here translated it. Tom knows the rest." Drew said before a yawn.

"It would have been more exciting if we weren't at gunpoint." Rich said.

"Anyway, the ruins formed the Egyptian symbol for water. We looked in the center and ended up finding a triangle symbol." Rich finished.

"Any idea what it means?" Luke asked.

"No not really. It's kind of vague. Just a Greek marking I guess." Rich said.

"But anyway, we should really try to get out of here."

"He's right. What's the play here?"Jess asked.

"We wait. What else?" Luke said.

"We get to the city and then go with the flow. This should be simple." Drew said.

"Yeah simple is the story of your life." Rich elbowed drew.

As time passed, Drew fell asleep next to Emily and Rich. Jess was cuddled up in Luke's arms. "Look at him. So handsome." She whispered.

"Thank you."she looked up at him.

"For what?"he asked

"For not giving up on our son."she answered.

"I did what I could. It's my job."she looked at Luke seriously.

"Don't make him give this up if it's what he wants." She said. He ignored the request but kept his mind set on it.

A jolt and flicker lights changed the mood. The lights dimmed and started flashing red. An alarm sounded and everyone awoke. "What the hell?" Drew stood up.

He searched his surroundings. The wall next to them bursted as water came through. "Shit! We need to get out of here!" Rich yelled.

"The doors are locked genious. Remember?" Drew said.

Rich scoffed. "Damn lynch." He said.

"We're screwed."Emily said.

"Wait! Up there!" Luke pointed at a vent in the wall near the ceiling.

The ship began to sway. "The storm." Drew mumbled.

He realized they must be getting close. The storm seemed to be intensifying.