Ch. 19 - Quite A Large Mess

~ Chapter 19: Quite A Large Mess  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

I was laying in my bed in fetal position, the covers pulled right above my head and my eyes remained closed.

I’m pretty sure everyone thinks I’m dead.

I haven’t gotten out of my room for days and I’m starving. I literally feel like I’m not just in my regular, teenage girl bed. No. I’m on my death bed. I had shut my windows, closed the curtains, locked the door and avoided contact with anyone. My dad’s on a business trip and so is my mom—which means they’re going to want to check up on me except there’s one problem… I don’t pick up my phone.

I’m pretty sure Robin has tried finding ways to sneak inside the house but failed because I’m too smart for her. When I don’t want to talk to anyone… I don’t want to talk to anyone. 

I’ve also ran out of tears to shed, considering I haven’t gotten water into my system in quite some time. I feel like I’m slowly dying, but the pain in my heart is much more intense than anything I’ve ever felt in my life. What hurts me the most is that I haven’t heard from Justin at all and I’m pretty sure he’s forgotten me already.

What’s so damn special about me anyway? Nothing. There’s nothing special about me so why would Justin even think of me ever again? I’m not worth it. It’d be a waste of his time. Specially when he got back with the girl who shattered his heart so badly, he lost track of himself.

But I’m still just plain old Jackie Miller…

----

[ Robin’s POV: ]

With tears blurring my vision, I crossed my fingers, scrolling down my contacts with the other hand. Reaching the J section, I let out a breath of relief when I saw the name Justin Bieber etched onto the screen. For a second there, I was afraid that I had forgotten to write down Justin’s number.

I’m really, really, really concerned for Jackie. She must be dying of both hunger and thirst and there’s nothing I can do or say to make her come out of her room. She’s really heartbroken—specially after reading the article that Justin and Alicia may be back together. I’m scared that she’s thought of suicide and the multiple ways to do it. I just couldn’t sit around and do nothing while my best friend is literally killing herself. So as much as I don’t want to speak to the person responsible for all this… Sadly, he’s the only one that can fix this mess he’s made.

With my hands shaking, I pressed the ‘call’ button and leveled the phone to my ear. I bit my lip, uneasy about getting ready to scold my best friend’s idol. But how dare he leads Jackie on like this only to break her heart? How dare he crawls back to his ex as if Jackie meant nothing to him? Even if she really did mean nothing to him, he could’ve done us all a favor and not have gotten involved with her in the first place. This is not the Justin Bieber that Jackie loves. I promise you, it’s not.