Ch. 65 - More Guy Problems

~ Chapter 65: More Guy Problems ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

My hands were shaking as I continued to stare at Tyler with wide eyes. I tried to say something, but the words just wouldn’t come out. Eventually I managed to speak up a bit.

“What are you doing here?” I said in a hushed voice.

Tyler’s gaze never left mine. “I told you… I want you back, Jackie. I’m not just gonna give up on you that easily.”

I ran a hand through my hair as Robin eyed me carefully as if to ask if I wanted him out. She could’ve easily shoved him off and slammed the door, but I came to the conclusion that that just wouldn’t solve anything at this point.

“Make it quick, Tyler,” I said, simultaneously letting Robin know I wanted to hear him out. “But know this… My heart is set on Justin. No matter how complicated things get, I’m not going to give up on him.”

Tyler’s facial expression saddened a bit. “And there’s no way I can possibly change your mind?”

I bit my lip, feeling a bit guilty. Tyler’s such a nice guy but.. I’m not the one for him. I’m sure he’ll find some other lucky girl who would want him, need him, and treat him the way he deserves. “I don’t think so.. Sorry.”

“I see…” Tyler trailed off, a look of disappointment in his face. There was an awkward silence before he continued. “I, um.. also heard what’s being said about you… And they couldn’t be more wrong. You’re wonderful, Jackie. So don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

“Thanks,” I fiddled with my thumbs, not knowing what else to say to him. “C-Can we.. Maybe continue this some other time? There’s somewhere important I have to be right now.”

He opened his mouth to ask where I was going, but he ultimately decided against it.

“Alright,” he sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets. “I’ll go.” He glanced at Robin, who was staring at him with disapproving eyes. “Take care, girls.”

He waved at us and began to make his way out of the front porch. I let out a long, deep breath I didn’t even know I was holding in, feeling the stress remain upon my shoulders.

“You better go be doing what I think you’re gonna go do,” Robin glared at me.

“I am, Robin.” I grabbed my car keys and my purse, quickly slipping my phone into one of its small pockets.

“I’m going to go make things right with Justin.”

[ Justin’s POV: ]