Ch. 34 - Getting Nowhere

~ Chapter 34: Getting Nowhere  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

It was dead silent.

Justin had shut the car’s engine off, causing it to be even quieter than I thought was possible. I had been fiddling with my thumbs the entire ride, my thoughts replaying the recent memory of Justin and I laying on the grass.

“I’m sorry,” Justin’s voice snapped me out of my trance. I hesitantly looked him in the eyes to see he was staring at me solemnly.

I shook my head slightly, disregarding his apology. I wanted to cry but I knew I had to keep strong, even though I wasn’t doing a nice job considering how much I could feel my body shaking.

I wanted to ask him again. Will I ever see you again?

He never really answered me back at the park. That’s because I already know the answer, and the answer is no. Why would he ever come back to me, knowing how desperately he wants to get away from me? I get it. He doesn’t want anything to do with love and he doesn’t want me to live this life. But I already explained myself to him and he just won’t have it.

So, no. I’m never going to see Justin Bieber ever again.

I mean, I will. But in things like my computer, television or phone screen. Or maybe in a new magazine, spreading more rumors about him. It’ll be just the way it was before I met him. Same old, boring life.

“Jackie.”

I focused on Justin again. His eyes were attentive towards me, but I had trouble even maintaining eye contact.

He leaned towards me, cupping my cheek with his hand. Leaning even closer, he pecked my lips about five times before he leaned back to his seat. I guess that’s his way of saying goodbye.

5 goodbye kisses.

“Stay safe,” he murmured, staring at the ground. I nodded slightly, even though he wasn’t looking at me, and unlocked the car door.

Before stepping out, I took one good look at him. I embraced the fact that he was right here in front of me. I began to pick out every single detail about him—how he looks in person, compared to how he looked through a digital screen. He’s so much more perfect in real life. I could never forget his scent, or his lips, or how soft his hair is and how every time I look at it, I’m terribly tempted to touch it. How his eyes are so deliciously brown, so bright and captivating. How if you caught him licking his lips, you’d barely feel alive because of the way his tongue slides over his bottom lip, making it moist.

I’m really, really going to miss him.

“Bye,” my voice cracked.

Justin’s eyes glistened with what looked like tears. “Bye,” he replied, watching me as I slid out of the car and shut the door. I took a few steps back and saw him half-smile before he revved up the car and left down the street, just like that.