Ch. 38 - Do You Believe Me Now?

~ Chapter 38: Do You Believe Me Now?  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“Can I drive you home?” Tyler bumped shoulders with me playfully before holding both my hands. He gave me the cutest puppy dog eyes I’ve ever seen in my life and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“I, uh… My best friend is here somewhere, I can’t just leave her,” I said, trying to be as honest as possible.

Tyler pouted. “Aw man. A boy can dream, huh?” He let out a smirk and I felt my cheeks blush red.

“You know what? I’ll send her a text and tell her to leave without me. It’s not every day I get a ride home with such a muscular boy,” I giggled, slapping his bicep playfully.

Tyler gasped, amusement in his eyes. “Jackie Sharkeisha Miller, are you flirting with me?”

My eyes widened and I burst into laughter. “Oh my god, my middle name isn’t Sharkeisha!”

“Stop lying to me,” Tyler grinned, “You’re definitely Sharkeisha.”

“Ew no,” I choked on my own spit.

Tyler sighed and looked me in the eyes. “Alright, fine. You’re a cute Sharkeisha.”

I smiled up at him, not knowing how to reply to that. I’ve always been terrible at taking compliments, especially from cute guys like him.

“Jackie…” he whispered, stroking my cheek with his soft hand. “Do you… Want to do something tomorrow?”

I shivered from his touch. “Like… A date?”

He let out a small smile. “Yeah, like a date.”

I bit my lip, scanning his hazel eyes. “S-Sure.”

“Cool,” he slid his thumb against my skin and I let out a small gasp, overwhelmed by his touch. “Now let’s take you home, okay?”

“Okay,” I nodded, and he took my hand again and safely led me outside the house and to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in, adjusting my seatbelt as he walked around to the other side and got into the driver’s seat.

“You know… You’re going to have to teach me ballet sometime,” Tyler teased, as he revved up the car. I let out a loud laugh and immediately shook my head.

“I told you, I only took a few classes when I was like 7. There is no way I’m going to teach you anything of ballet,” I giggled.

“Ouch,” he grinned, pulling the car onto the road. I gave him directions to my house as we drove and kept cracking jokes to each other, similar to what we were doing at the party anyway.