Ch. 68 - Silent Night

~ Chapter 68: Silent Night ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

We arrived at Jackie’s house pretty late at night after going to the hospital. The doctor said she’ll be fine if she rests up tomorrow and preferably for a week, and prescribed her something that’ll help her. It’s been an exhausting day and I couldn’t help but feel angry.

If it wasn’t for the paparazzi, she wouldn’t have had to go through this. Things like that are out of my reach and I can’t do anything about them or prevent them.

“You sure you’re feeling better?” I asked Jackie as I shut the front door behind us.

“You’ve asked me that same question about a billion times,” she laughed. “I told you I’m fine.”

I nodded grumpily and Jackie set down her keys at the table.

“How’s your memory?” I asked.

“My head still feels a bit fuzzy but I remember things now,” she smiled a smile that wasn’t quite genuine.

“Things like… what?”

“Uh, lemme see,” she thought for a bit. “The day we met.”

My heart skipped a beat. “That’s good..” I whispered. “Anything else?”

She continued smiling. “Sorry,” she laughed nervously.

“l knew it,” I mumbled.

“But I do remember little details of other things!” she added. “Like, umm..” she paused, her face blushing red.

I looked at her with a confused expression on my face.

“Like…?”

I continued staring at her, waiting for her to finish her sentence as she tried hard not to blush more than she already was.

“Never mind,” she shook her head vigorously.

“W-What? What do you mean nevermi—

“I’m gonna take a quick shower,” she quickly changed the subject. “I’m just really tired right now.”

I stopped mid-sentence and sighed, deciding to drop the subject for now. “Okay.”

She took a few steps towards me and grabbed my hand. “Is it okay if you sleep in my room tonight?”

I looked down at her, my heart racing at the sight of her beautiful eyes.

“If that’s okay with you, it’s okay with me,” I leaned down, pecking her lips.