Ch. 47 - Hidden Mistake

~ Chapter 47: Hidden Mistake  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

My mind was blank as I continued to stare at the city of Miami through the window. The entire room was foggy with smoke and I couldn’t quite figure out how long it has been since I’ve been sitting here smoking. Soon enough, I heard sounds coming from outside the room. My right eye twitched and I jumped up, waiting for another sound. I began getting anxious when I heard footsteps nearing my room.

“Fuck,” I whispered, taking another drag from my blunt.

A few seconds later, there was a knock on the door and, to my inconvenience, the door swung open. Did I forget to lock it?

“Hey, I’m ba—,” Katie stopped mid-sentence, getting a smell of the air and noticing how the room was clouded with smoke. She slowly looked up at me, her mouth dropping slightly in disbelief. I don’t know if I imagined it or not, but I think I heard her whisper an oh no to herself.

“Katie,” I chuckled, a grin forming on my face. “Looks like you got me.”

Katie narrowed her eyes at me, still shocked to come back and see me like this.

“Justin, what do you think you’re doing?!” she almost yelled, anger tinting in her tone. It was the first time she’s ever spoken to me like that.

“I’m getting high, honey,” I smirked, walking over to her. I took another drag and blew out the smoke in her face.

“Stop,” she whispered, shoving me away.

“You want me stop, sweetie? That’s not how it was at the party last time,” I grinned, grabbing her chin and titling her head back. I leaned close to her and gave her a shotgun kiss, breathing smoke into her mouth before kissing her rather hungrily. There were faint, whiny sounds coming from her before she pushed me away.

“Stop it, Justin!” she said, her eyes glistening with tears. She held her head with both hands as if she was getting a headache, and she closed her eyes tightly. I stared at her, my vision getting slightly distorted at times. Finally, Katie opened her eyes and looked me dead in the eyes. “Where did you even get weed from?”

I shrugged, “I’ve got connections. From people to people.” I then pointed to the black bag that still rested on the top of my bed. Katie’s eyes widened before she looked away.

“I can’t—… I don’t know how—… I just—…” I heard her mumbling incoherent things to herself.

“Something wrong?” I asked, my voice somewhat in a teasing tone. Katie stopped and turned her back on me.

“What would Scooter say to you, huh?” she said calmly, though I knew on the inside she was anything but that.

“Does it look like I really give a fuck?” I scoffed.