TWO

TWO;
TONY STARK

+++

AS SOON AS THE DOORS OPENED, Peter walked out of the elevator with his mind focused on the song coming out of his earbuds. His right hand reached to the back pocket of his worn out blue jeans in search of the keys to his apartment.

He incrusted the key inside the keyhole and opened the door to the apartment, instantly entering and slamming the door shut behind him. The welcoming smell of food filled his nostrils as he walked inside and sighed with relief that he was finally home after a long day of school.

He inhaled with a smile. "Hey, May." He called, leaving his backpack somewhere in the ground.

"Hey!" She happily replied. Peter followed her voice through the apartment. "How was school today?"

"Okay," The teen simply replied. "This crazy car parked outside—" He began but the sight of a man sitting next to his aunt made him stop dead in his tracks.

"Oh, Mr. Parker." The man smiled, focused on his aunt's horrible walnut bake loaf. Peter fell his jaw dropping as he slowly got rid of the earbuds from his ears.

"Uhm—" He trailed off, taking a step closer to the two adults. "What are you—What are you doing here?" He clasped his hands together, frowning. His brown eyes traveled from his aunt's questioning eyes to Mr. Stark's smirk. "Hey! I—I, I'm Peter."

"Tony." The man shortly said, smiling at the teenager.

"What are you—What are you doing here?" Peter couldn't stop himself from asking.

After all, not every day you come home to see Tony Stark eating you aunt's walnut bake loaf and smiling at you like it wasn't such a big deal. Peter was beyond confused with what was happening and couldn't stop thinking about why Mr. Stark was in his apartment. Also, he was very hungry.

"It's about time we met. You got my e-mails, right?" He tried to wink, with both eyes.

Peter took that as a cue to follow what he was saying. "Yeah, yeah." He nodded, crossing his arms over his chest and nervously watched at his aunt and then at Mr. Stark again. "Regarding the—" He quirked an eyebrow.

"You didn't tell me about the grant." May interjected, clearly surprised about her nephew keeping things away from her.

"About the grant." Peter nodded, looking at her with wide eyes. He certainly didn't apply for a grant; he was sure about that.

"The September Foundation." Mr. Stark added, smirking at the teenage boy.

Peter raised his eyebrows with surprise, "Right."

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?" The man asked, looking directly at his eyes.

"Uh, yeah." He nodded, confused about the grant he didn't apply for.

"I approved," Peter frowned at the prideful tone in Mr. Stark's voice. He watched as May looked at him with a confused yet wide smile. "So now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that?" She interfered, gaining her nephew's attention. "You're keeping secrets from me?"

Peter wanted to explain her that he was as confused as she was, but if Mr. Stark was there for Spider-Man business, he had to follow his act. Even if he hated to keep things away from May.

"Why, I just—I just..." Peter was at a loss of words, "I just know how much you like surprises, so I thought I would let you know—" He frowned. "Anyway, what did I apply for?" He turned to Mr. Stark, who wore a smug smirk on his bruised features.