FIFTEEN

FIFTEEN;
UNEXPECTED

+++

CASSIE WAS CRAZY, and she repeated herself that as she silently walked out of the tower with alert eyes and a pounding heart inside her chest. Her brown eyes scanned the busy streets of Manhattan as she walked to a different direction and towards Queens. She covered her head with the cap of her sweatshirt and began her journey to the small apartment complex she used to live in with Charlie.

As she walked, she tried to use the small tricks Wanda showed her the previous morning to stop the people's thoughts to get into her head, they worked. Suddenly her mind was silent, and the only voice she could hear was hers. It felt good.

Her brown eyes scanned the massive building she used to call home, it made her heart break. Thinking of the memories she shared with her brother in the small apartment was something she couldn't handle as she stepped into the place. She walked into the elevator and played with the strings of her sweatshirt, she completely forgot the anxious feeling inside her stomach every time she was in the elevator.

Cassie exhaled deeply as soon as the doors opened in her floor and walked out of the cube. Almost unconsciously, she strode to the back of the hall to the door of her apartment. She knew it would be useless, but she tried to open the door anyway, and a loud gasp escaped her lips when it opened. Looking from left to right, she walked into the apartment that suddenly felt too cold for her, it lost the cozy feeling and the welcoming smell of apples with cinnamon wasn't there anymore.

"Who are you?" She stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the familiar voice echoing the apartment.

The girl felt like her heart fell to the ground when her eyes met with a pair of brown eyes, the same eyes that once looked her with happiness and brotherly love. Now they were cold and empty.

"C–Charlie. I–It's me." She smiled, taking steps closer to the tall boy. He looked down at her with confusion and his left hand wrapped around a black gun. "Cassie."

"Cassandra Harding." The brunette boy smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. Cassie's body filled with hope as she smiled at him with excitement.

"Yes! Yes!" She nodded rigorously.

Before she could do or say something else, he jumped over her but she was quick enough to step aside with wide eyes and her heartbeat quickening at an alarming rate. He instantly stood up and looked at her with hate and determination, something that caused goosebumps to appear in the back of her neck. She used her invisibility to hide from the monster she once called brother and tried to run out of the apartment but he held her ankle in his hand, causing her to fall to the floor with a loud thud.

She quickly stood up and tried to run, but he cornered her with strength and sent her a death glare. Cassie clenched her fist with anger, but she didn't do anything.

"You have to remember me, Charlie." The girl begged, looking directly at his brown eyes.

"Shut up." He sneered, holding her face by her cheeks with his large hand. Cassie chewed her lower lip to stop the tears from leaving her eyes, she didn't want to cry in front of the stranger she had in front. "You had luck the first time. But it's not going to happen again."

"Wanna bet?" Charlie frowned and turned around to face a boy dressed in red and blue, Cassie sighed with relief when her eyes met with Peter's through the red mask. He lifted his wrist and then a white web came out of it, the girl instantly pushed him away from her.

Charlie ended up with his writs glued to the wall.

"Are you okay, Cassie?" Peter asked as he cautiously walked to her, his eyes were still glued to the boy in the wall.

Cassie felt unable to speak, so she simply nodded her head as she walked to him. Their hands met in the darkness of the apartment as they both looked at the angered boy fighting to be free from the webs. They shared one last glance before she hesitantly walked to him and held his head in her small hands.

Cassie

She's alive

Carlos

"Remember your mission:

Bring Cassandra Harding back to HYDRA"

HYDRA

Cassie

Cassie!

"You now answer to Carlos"

"Bring her to me. Alive"

"Cassie," Her eyes snapped up to meet Peter's through the mask, she exhaled deeply and stood up with a broken heart. "Let's go."

The brunette nodded and glared at his hand stretched out, she half-smiled and shakily held it. Peter sighed and dragged her away from the painful scene. As soon as the cold wind hit them, the boy wrapped an arm around her and shot a web to the closest building, then they were swinging above the streets of Manhattan. Cassie wrapped her hands tighter around him as a gasp escaped her lips and her eyes focused on the city below them. Peter half-smiled under the mask.

Almost instantly, they both landed over the rooftop of Stark tower and Cassie let out a deep sigh from her chewed lips when her feet touched the ground. She looked back at Peter, who was taking the mask off with quick movements.

"What were you thinking?" He raised voice, Cassie exhaled deeply. "You're lucky I was swinging by when I saw you walk into the building!"

"I'm sorry." She muttered, looking down at her arms. "I didn't expect him to be there. I swear."

Peter didn't say anything, and she appreciated his silence as she scanned the lights in front of them. He looked at the city one more time before unexpectedly embracing her in a hug.