EIGHTEEN

EIGHTEEN;
SECRET PLACE

+++

IT WAS A VERY CHILLY AFTERNOON when Peter barged into penthouse inside the Stark tower. His brown eyes scanned the room as he placed his backpack on the floor and searched for the brunette locks inside the room. A small smile crept onto his features when he caught the sight of Cassie sitting cross-legend in front of the window and focused on the incredible view, her fingers moved, making the cards in front of her float.

"Going to school is better than staying here to watch the city all day, you know?" He began, causing her to jump and the cards to fall. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." She laughed quietly, turning around to face him. Her hand patted a spot next to her on the floor, Peter smiled as he strode towards her. "I was just thinking." He sat next to her.

"About what?" He questioned, turning his face to have a better look of her profile. His expression softened when he saw the confusion in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I think I should give up on Charlie." Cassie muttered, looking down at her fingers. Peter exhaled deeply, his eyes looked back at the city. "It's stupid, don't you think? He won't remember me, even if I try."

"I think it's stupid for you to give up." The boy interfered, making her look at him with a frown. "I mean, I know it's sad, believe me, I know, and I know it feels like it's the right thing to do. But it isn't. You're letting it get you down, when it shouldn't." He looked down at his hands, the memory of his uncle Ben invaded his mind, causing tears to appear on his eyes, but he didn't let them fall. Cassie exhaled.

"Are you okay?" She questioned, gently placing her hand over his. Peter blushed. "I feel like there's something bothering you."

"Nothing, it's just–" He felt a lump forming inside his throat, so he sighed deeply. "I miss my uncle Ben. A lot." He added next.

"Do you want to talk about it?" The brunette worriedly asked, her eyes scanned his face as she spoke.

"Not really." He shook his head, pursing his lips together. "I don't feel good every time I think about it."

"Oh." Cassie simply said, then smiled brightly. "I have an idea. Come on." She stood up almost instantly, making the boy frown with confusion.

"What?"

"I know what's going to make you feel better." She smiled, taking his hands to help him stand up. Peter nodded hesitantly and stood up with her help.

They both walked out of the living room as Cassie dragged the confused boy through the tower. As they made their way to the elevator, Tony walked by, frowning when he caught the sight of them.

"Where are you two going?" He crossed his arms over his chest and raised his eyebrows.

"Pete and I are going out for a bit." Cassie explained quickly as she pressed one of the buttons for the elevator. "And yes, I'll be back as soon as I can." She nodded. "And I'm going to be fine, I'm with Spider-Man, remember?" Tony nodded.

"Bring her back in a piece, you hear me, Spider-boy?" The man looked at Peter, who nodded rigorously. "Off you go, then." He said when the doors of the elevator opened.

+++

Peter stood in awe as his brown eyes scanned the breath-taking view before him. He felt his jaw dropping to the floor when his eyes made contact with the busy lights of New York.

Being Spider-Man gave him a lot of opportunities to admire the city from different angles, but he never experienced a view like that in his short life. It made him happy and warm inside, even more because Cassie decided to share it with him.

"Feeling better?" Cassie's soft voice made him zone out of his thoughts. He turned his face to meet her gaze and nodded. "Good."

"This–This place is amazing. Wow." He stuttered, clasping his hands together. The girl smiled faintly.

"I used to come here whenever I felt sad." She explained, looking back at the view in front of them. "Charlie discovered first, one day. I mean, not discover because it's the Empire State Building, but he found this secret room during a school excursion." Peter smiled as he scanned the lights below them. Everything seemed so little from there. "It's not much, but I hope it worked."

"It did." He looked down to meet her gaze, a light blush appeared on Cassie's cheeks when their eyes met. "Thank you, Cassie." A smile crept onto her features as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

Cassie's heart skipped a beat as he tugged her close to him, but she didn't fight against it. Instead, she wrapped her arms around him and snuggled her head in the warmth of his chest.

"It'll be out secret place." Peter said softly.

"We share so many secrets, Pete." He chuckled lightly, so did she. "Maybe that's why we get along so well."

+++

i ship them so hard omg my heart