THIRTY TWO

THIRTY-TWO;
THE PLAN

PETER LIKED TO HOLD HER HAND, they walked through the busy streets of Manhattan and making their way to the Stark tower. He looked down to meet her gaze and smiled when their eyes met. Confidence took over him as he leaned on and kissed her lips shorty but lovingly, something the brunette enjoyed.

"Wait–" She broke away, frowning with confusion. "What about Michelle?"

"I, uh, I broke up with her last night." The boy scratched his neck with awkwardness, Cassie raised an eyebrow. "I didn't see the point of dating someone you're not interested in."

"Oh." Cassie simply said as they walked together. "Well, then." She smiled and kissed him once again before walking into the tower. Peter laughed and followed her inside with a wide grin and a look of pure love in his chestnut eyes. "I didn't like her very much, honestly."

"That, or you were jealous." He said as he wrapped an arm around her waist, she laughed.

"Maybe." She admitted, pressing one of the buttons of the elevator. "But she was a 'I'm better than anyone' type of person." The boy chuckled as she mocked the other girl.

"Well, you are right there." He pointed, looking down at her. A smile crept onto his features as he carefully admired her face and everything about her. "Did you have fun today?"

"Yes, I did." Cassie smiled, meeting his gaze. "Thank you, Pete." She rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso in a tight hug.

"You're welcome, beautiful." He whispered as he rocked her softly from left to right.

"Look at the lovebirds!"

The teenagers instantly broke apart as the doors opened and revealed the adults staring at them with annoyance and smirks, Peter and Cassie walked into the living room and sat on the couch Tony signalled them. The brunette looked around with a frown and then back at Peter, who shrugged with confusion.

"I gathered everyone to share special news!" Tony smiled, raising his arms with victory.

"Straight to the point."

"I couldn't sleep because of this, but I finally have a plan to get Charlie's memories back." The man explained, pacing around the room with excitement. Cassie sat straight on the couch.

"You do?" She asked with hope, everyone turned to look at her and then back at Tony, who nodded with a proud smirk. "Can I help?"

"Actually, Cassie." He chuckled. "You are taking us to him." The brunette raised her eyebrows.

"Me? How?" She asked, hugging her legs.

"This is the plan, listen carefully." Tony sat on the couch and looked straight into a Cassie's brown eyes. "I've been doing research on his whereabouts, it seems he's staying in what it looks like the old apartment you two lived in. But I'm sure you already knew that." He raised his eyebrow.

"Drop it, please." She exhaled, chuckling lightly at the man's sarcasm. Her head snapped at Peter's direction as he held her hand and smiled at her with support. "And? What do you want me to do?"

"Use your powers for something, Cassie. I don't know, keep him busy until we evacuate the building." He explained.

"Evacuate the building?" Peter asked, sitting straight. "Why?"

"We know Charlie is going to put a good fight and we don't want the people living there to get hurt." Natasha continued, looking at the boy. She tuned to meet Cassie's gaze and pursed her lips together. "So? Are you in?"

"I'm in." She smiled.

"What if she gets hurt?" Pietro stepped in, crossing his arms over his chest. "We don't know how he is going to react! He can kill her!"

"That's why I'm here." Steve said, looking at the young man with a serious expression. "Natasha and I are going to train her for it."

"Are you okay with this?" Wanda met Steve's gaze. She seemed upset and Cassie exhaled deeply. "She's 17!"

"And because I'm 17 I know I'm old enough to make decisions of my own. I want to go." She angrily said.

"Cassie this is not okay! You can hurt yourself doing this!" The girl tried to make Cassie understand. "You are still too weak for this! And you can die! At what cost?"

"I rather die instead of living without Charlie." The brunette said, making her and everyone shut up. "What would you know, anyway? Your brother is here and alive!" She angrily stood up. "So I'm going to do it. Whether you like it or not."