Chapter Five

The figure stepped closer.

"Nino!" I breathed out and gave him a hug, congratulating him again on the triplets. "I thought you were Adrien. He doesn't know about the baby yet, and he does not know about you either!"

Alaya approached us with a menacing smile.

"Don't worry, I can sort this out!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"I'm home, Marinette!" Adrien called.

I skipped casually towards him.

"Hey, Adrien, we have some guests, I hope thats ok with you." I say. Adrien raised his eye brows.

"Marinette, you can't invite random people without telling me, I need to shower, and the house is a mess..."

I took his hand and dragged him into the living room.

"I think you'll like these random people." I smile, Adrien jumps up excitedly and high fives Nino.

"Hey, Nino, Alaya. How long are you going to be staying with us for?"

Alaye shrugged.

"We wanted the triplets to be born where I was, in our own town. Not Miami."

Adrien paused and counted the months.

"Only three months to go... wow." He said. After chatting with Alaya and Nino, I decided to take Adrien upstairs with me.

Adrien walked into our bedroom and I closed the door. I tried busying myself, pulling the curtains closed, smoothing out the bed sheets. Adrien changed into his comfortable clothes and began to walk to the door.

"Adrien, wait, I- I need to talk to you. About- something important." I gush out the words, Adrien paused. Nino's voice could be heard, calling him.

"Can it wait until tonight?" He asked sympathetically.

I nodded thankfully.

Later on that night I tried to tell him again, but he was fast asleep.