Chapter Fourteen

I felt strong arms wrap lightly around my body, lifting me up from the sofa. Then I was placed down again onto something soft, which I assumed was my bed.

My eyes felt too heavy to see who had taken me upstairs, I didn't want to move in case the pain returned.

A blanket was laid down on my shoulders and I shivered involuntarily. I heard someone sigh.

I waited for Adrien to come to bed, only I heard a squeak of a floorboard coming from the hall way upstairs. Why Adrien was out there I didn't know, but I didn't let it bother me and tried to let myself sleep again.

A loud thud echoed from somewhere nearby, panick rose in my stomach and forced myself to wake up and alert Adrien.

As I glanced to the side, I noticed the bedroom was empty. I could hear nothing but the sound of my own nervous breathing.

Slowly, I crept to the bedroom door and pressed my ear up against it.

"Adrien?" I whispered. Suddenly there was a scream and the door threw itself forward, slamming me back into the wardrobe close by. I let out a gasp in pain and collapsed to the floor.

It was dark still, but I couldn't be sure if I was fully conscious or not, my head was thumping and my ears were ringing. I wanted to cry out but my voice refused to make a sound.

Adrenaline pumped through my body and I desperately wanted to move.

My eyes seemed to flicker in unison with a horrific noise. The sound of a baby. My baby. Emma. The sound of a terrified and screaming child.

That was when my body flung into action.

I dragged myself up, tiptoed through the now wide open door, my pulse thudding wildly in my head as I did so.

My legs finally reacted to what I needed to do. I sprung forward, crashing into Emma's room and examining the cradle. It was empty.

My throat went dry.

I wanted to cry and yell at the same time.

Who had taken my precious baby away from me?

Suddenly I heard footsteps. They came closer and closer.

They seemed to be pacing in my direction.

I stayed completely silent.

The footsteps were very close now. Only centimeters away, perhaps.

Without making a sound until the last moment, I lunged forward, tackling the figure. My wrists were tied together and my mouth taped shut.

As I was pulled into the light of the piercing moon I saw a familiar face.

One I thought I would never encounter again.

Hawkmoth.

There you go, I tried to make it a bit longer. I needed to plot twist a little so I can encorperate some of your inspiring ideas! I will write soon and am trying to get back into the habit of updating everyday or once every few days at most.
Thank you for the support and comments. 😃😂
Also 2K??? What???!!!!!