Chapter Eight

Oh my god.

I sprinted to the car and sped home.

"Nino! Get in the car!"

I raced into the spare bedroom and found the overnight bag that Alaya had described to me. I grabbed a pen and tore off a corner of paper from my note pad for Adrien.

At hospital. Come as soon as possible.
-M xx

I ran back to the car and stamped on the gas pedal, shooting back to the hosptial, explaining what was going on with Alaya to Nino.

We both ran to the correct ward when we arrived. I had to wait outside, there was a family only policy. I sat on the stiff, plastic chairs.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up in the dark, a light glittered from the ward window where Alaya and Nino were.

I was a little disorientated, so when Adrien appeared with something in his arms, it made me jump.

"A- Adrien... what are you doing here?" I mumbled sleepily.

"A note told me to come as soon as possible." He gave me a warm smile and he seated himself in the chair next to me. "Alaya had a boy and two girls. Look, this is the baby boy."

I adjusted myself in the chair and focused my eyes.

"Alaya had them already!" I gasped.

"Yes, it turned out Miami hospital made an error."

I looked at Adrien and how perfectly he held Alaya's tiny baby. It was the perfect picture. I felt tears well up in my eyes, but I blinked them and back and took my first glance at the baby boy.

"Hello, little baby." I whispered, stroking his soft, pink cheek. "Your a natural at this, he looks so happy in your arms."

Adrien smiled. "Maybe we'll have a baby of our own one day."

I nodded.

"Would you like to hold?" He held his arms out.

I was startled at the request, but slowly began to open my arms out. Adrien delicatly placed the baby in my arms. It felt different, like I was holding a rare and precious china doll. He was so heavily wrapped in blankets he probably couldn't feel a change in arms at all. I never wanted to let go for a second. This moment was too beautiful.