Chapter Twenty-one

Four months later...

"Right. So we want a classic wedding, in a church, a white cake and after party..." Adrien mumbled to himself, scribbling notes down quickly.

I sighed and smiled to myself and licked cake batter off the wooden spoon I was waving around, at least I was trying to come up with some ideas.

"Well, have you thought about dresses?" I ask.

"Personally I don't think a pearl pink dress would really suit me, but I'm sure you'd look great in one."

Adrien hummed thoughtfully and jotted down a few more notes.

"Your right, purple goes much nicer with your hair colour!" I grinned and rolled my eyes. "Look, take a break from that. Its your turn to feed Emma anyway."

Adrien sighed and sat back. A look of concern flushed across his face for a moment. He shook his head and briskly stood up. Taking my hand, he pulled me towards the spare room.

"Fancy any DIY?"

I smiled and picked up the paint pots full of blue and white paints. I handed Adrien a brush and yanked the pot open with a pop, flicking paint over myself.

I gasped while Adrien stood there and laughed. I dived my brush into the blue paint and took aim, a blob of paint hit Adrien right on his nose.

I sprinted to the safety of the corner and began slapping paint onto the wall. Adrien copied me and sloshed blue paint over the room.

Emma was fast asleep so we managed to finish the room within a couple of hours. I decided on using the white to create fluffly clouds and delicate doves, then odd decoration around the corners.

Finally we took a step back and looked at each other.

"This baby will be very lucky." Adrien said.

"Yes, I agree."

I look down at my little baby bump and rest my hands on my stomach. Emma is going to be a big sister.

"Adrien, I think you need to feed Emma now." I laugh, Emma is crying for her feed.

I smile as I watch him walk away. I feel exhausted after that.