Chapter 17.

I woke up the next morning with a pit of guilt and nerves in my stomach. I hadn't heard from Charlotte since she set off for her trip to Spain, I mean there is a high chance she could just not have signal or something like that but what if she's eloped with John and was never going to come back? What if she'd gone to meet her mum? What if they were friends? Best friends?
These thoughts filled up my head until I could take it no longer and I decided to go downstairs and make myself and Jaz a cup of tea before I took them upstairs to find an upright and grumpy looking Jaz.

"Morning sleepyhead I made you a cuppa." I said forcing a smile.

"Morning." She croaked back. "Thank you for the tea."

"No problem." I said half heartedly as I handed her the tea.

"What's up?" Jaz asked.

"Nothing really, it's nothing." I whispered as my throat knotted and I felt my eyes fill up.

"Sure.." She said. "Charlotte I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, she hasn't been in contact." I said, the sound of charlottes name cut me in half like a thousand knives.

"Maybe she just doesn't have wifi because she can't use her phone out of the UK unless she pays and I mean come on she's a PE teacher in a high school and she has way better things to spend her money on then-" Jaz said.

"Me?" I interrupted.

"I didn't mean it like that Brooke. I'm sorry I meant it like she needs to pay for her house and car more then calls and texts." Jaz gulped.

"No I'm sorry it's just I'm getting worked up, I didn't know someone could tear me apart this much. Even when she's not around she's always there in my mind." I said and I felt the tears start to flow.

"Yeah I get you. I'm sure it'll all be fine." Jaz said giving me a hug. "You should try calling her or skyping her later on."

"Yeah that's a good idea, ill try skype her when I've prepared myself." I said wiping away my tears and smiling.

"Good good, that's how I like my Brooke. Now you go grab a shower and ill make us something for breakfast." She said and got out of bed.

"Thank you my bestie." I said giving her a hug.

"No problem, what'd you do without me, eh?" She smiled.

"I honestly have no idea." I said and grabbed my towel from my radiator.

"Don't be too long. Breakfast will be ready in 10 mins max." She warned jokingly.

"I won't dont worry." I said raising my hands in a joking surrender and I walked out the room, along the landing and into the bathroom chuckling to myself.