Chapter 3. Kitten play.

The young princess Zelda wriggled out of her sleeping father's arms before hopping over her mother and scampering over to the three snoozing triplets, George, Callus and Hariena. She gave a little giggle then nudged Callus' side.

"Up! Up!" Zelda hissed excitedly. Callus groaned in his sleep and rolled over, swatting a paw at the younger kitten. She huffed in irritation and then moved to Hariena. "Hari! Please come dance with me!" The reddish gold female kitten shooed her away with the flick of her black tail. Zelda toppled back and rolled right into George, he awoke with a start and peered down at the kitten whom had crashed into him.

"Good morning." He yawned in amusement. As he pulled himself up, he extended a paw to Zelda, helping her up.

"Sorry Georgie, I wanted to see if the other two would practice some dancing with me." Zelda mumbled, her brown ears flattening against her head.

"I'll dance with you if you'd like. You don't wanna dance with Callus at this time in the morning, he'll be all grumpy." George meowed with a snort of laughter. It never takes much to make Zelda laugh, so naturally at the tom's statement she erupted into a fit of infectious giggles.

"Okay! Let's go!" She cheered as she grabbed hold of George's dark paw. The pair jogged outside in such a hurry that they nearly knocked Asparagus over as he returned from a morning walk with Skimble.

Once out into the morning sun, the two kittens readied themselves in the center of the yard. Zelda was by far a better dancer than George, it was a skill she had inherited from her parents, singing was more of George's area of expertise. The mostly white kitten positioned herself in the first position. "Georgie, you have to do the same!" She squealed, clearly enjoying the fact that she had a friend to dance with. The grey and gold tabby did not hesitate and he stepped into the same stance as the female. The Zelda began a sequence of demi-plies, grande plies and repeat. After a moment, George joined in, he was wobbly at first but soon got the hang of it. Next, Zelda decided she wanted to show off a bit so she lifted her leg right up just how her mother had shown her, and finally extended onto the tip of her paw.

"Now you're just showing off

"Now you're just showing off." George chuckled as he observed her little performance.

"I know!" Zelda mused triumphantly as she returned to first position. A round of applause sounded from the tyre, Victoria, Jemima, Demeter and Bombalurina had been watching the kittens for quite some time. "Mama!" Zelda squealed, dropping her professionalism she sprinted over to Victoria and nuzzled her head to her mother's shoulder. George sauntered over and sat himself between his own mother and aunt, slinging his arms over their shoulders.

"What are your plans for today then, dear?" Demeter asked her son with a fond smile, since George was nearly as tall as his father, the queen rested her head on her son's shoulder.

"No idea mum, annoy uncle Tugg maybe?"

"If he ever shows up." Suddenly, Munkustrap grunted, appearing from behind the tyre he prowled up behind his mate.

"He's probably avoiding the extra patrol duty you gave him, Munkus." Bomba snickered.

"Well someone has to do it. If he turns up, make sure he gets to his post." Munkustrap growled. The silver protector then bounded away in the direction he had came from to take over his younger brother's post.

"Pa need to chill." Callus yawned as he emerged from the den. Hariena was not too far behind, her usually silky coat was ruffled from the good night's sleep.

"We don't all slack like you though!" Hariena retorted. Her brother, whom was very much like their uncle in looks and personality, glared in her direction and stuck out his tongue. Rapidly, Zelda leapt up and swiped at Callus' tongue, she giggled cheekily as she jogged away a few paces.

"Got ya tongue!" She giggled playfully.

"Oh, whatever will I do now?" Callus meowed sarcastically, he motioned around himself as if there was help to be had. "Buzz off Zel!" He lunged forwards and pulled her closer, tickling her as 'punishment'. Immediately, she collapsed to the floor in a howling mess.

Victoria grinned at her daughter's rolling blur. "Just like her dad."

---