Chapter 15. Night of revelations.

The troop of six Junkyard Jellicles with the addition of Angelo traveled until nightfall before settling on the rickety balcony on the side of an old factory building. Gently, Tugger laid Misto down onto a mat of cardboard and Caligo crawled up to the tuxedo tom's ankle. The wound look horrendous, through the torn flesh and ripped muscle, some bone was exposed.

"Keep him still, Tugg." Caligo warned as she let her hands hover over Mistoffelees' ankle, the conjuring tom winced in his half conscious state as the healing process began, but Tugger took hold of the two smaller black paws in reassurance. A shower of green sparks cascaded slowly over the injury, first the interior tissue knitted back tight before the visible exterior damage reversed right before Caligo's eyes. Moments later the magic faded and the female conjurer sat back with a sigh. "A nights rest and he should be as right as rain in the morning." Misto would have responded with something along the lines of 'No, we need to keep going!' But the poor thing had fallen fast asleep, his head nestled against Tugger's leg.

"Well, glad that's all sorted." Angelo rumbled, breaking the silence and drawing attention away from Misto It seemed that at that moment everyone released a tense breath, all except Mungojerrie whom had many questions swirling through his head. How did Angelo find them? Is he being truthful with them? Well he hadn't even said much yet...

"Well I don't know about you lot, but I don't fancy sleeping knowing that Macavity could be less than a yard away." Bombalurina quipped as she stretched out like a sphinx. In agreement, Demeter followed her sister's actions and soon enough the rest were getting comfortable, even if they had no intention of sleeping.

"I wonder what's going on at home?" Quietly, Demeter queried.

"Munk is probably running around like a headless chicken and Alonzo is most likely stressing over nothing." Tugger scoffed.

"I bet da kittens are causin' 'avoc!" Jerrie snorted. "An' Teazer is probably 'elpin!"

"No doubt about that." Caligo giggled. There was a sudden pause and Tugger sent a side glance to the female conjurer.

"Caligo, may I just say you've done a fantastic job getting us here."

"...Thank you Tugg-"

"But please, enlighten us as to how you knew the exact route here?" He hissed suspiciously.

"Pack it in Tugger!" Bomba snarled. The maine coon glared in her direction but she still remained on the defensive.

"No, it's time that you all knew." Caligo mewed shyly, catching the attention of all of them. It seemed then that each of them inhaled in anticipation. "My mother was a queen Macavity used for breeding, male kittens were raised and trained to be future Henchcats and female kittens were raised to be future breeders- depending if they met the requirements or...they were disposed of. When I was sent in for observation, Macavity saw potential in me and I was separated from the other queens."

Bombalurina sneered and rolled her eyes. "And let me guess, you became his little toy." She growled bitterly. Demeter elbowed her sister, giving her the warning to hold her tongue. Caligo shook her head in disagreement at the scarlet queen's statement.

"As I grew, so did my power and he taught me how to harness my magic. He was not only my teacher but he became a father figure to me..."

"My brother, a father figure?! You've got to be joking." Tugger spat.

"But where did it all go wrong? Didn't Macavity leave you for dead in a Peke attack?" Demeter persisted. Caligo's lips pursed into a thin line as she nodded slowly. This was a topic she rarely liked to think about.