2: Welcome

Author's Note: I hope you all are enjoying this so far. I know there really isn't much to get into yet... but still. Please R&R and give any suggestions. ENJOY!

Annabeth's POV

Why on earth did the gods decide it was a good idea to bring my family to camp. I didn't get along with them at all! Ugh! Sometimes I hate the gods! *Cue thunder.* Oops. Oh well.

I woke up around 6:45. None of the other campers were awake yet, so I got myself ready first. Chiron wanted us all in Camp Half-Blood shirts, and the Romans in their Camp Jupiter shirts. I got dressed in denim jean shorts and running sneakers. I didn't bother to brush my hair, and I just threw it into a pony tail on top of my head, letting the blonde curls cascade down my back. I looked myself over in the mirror, nodding in satisfaction before waking up my siblings.

I moved to Lena first. She was an awesome friend, but she would sleep through anything. I gently pushed her off of her bed, to awaken her, knowing there was nothing else to do. She groaned and attempted to get back in bed. I blocked her path and she reluctantly got ready. I quickly woke up everybody else, knowing that we were one minute behind schedule. Sorry if that's a little extreme. But hey, I set up a schedule, and children of Athena hate to be off schedule. We quickly rushed about, making sure our cabin was sparkling. We wouldn't have breakfast until after our families got here. So, we had one last chance to make everything perfect. Now, I had better make sure that Seaweed Brain was up.

I ran to Percy's cabin, knowing that I wouldn't get much training in this week. I pushed open his door. Of course. His alarm was going off, and Percy was tucked under his blue comforter. I smiled. His black hair was covering his face. His eyes were closed as he slept comfortably. I woke him up with food yesterday... hm. I needed something different. I came up with the answer right away. I bent down and kissed him. He woke up, but didn't open his eyes. Instead, he grabbed the back of my head, pulling me closer to him. I smiled against his soft lips.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain," I smiled. Percy mumbled something I didn't quite catch, before dozing off again. "Come on, Perce. Your mom, Paul, and sister will be here soon." I reminded him.

"Half sister," he grumbled pulling himself out of bed. I smirked at his antics before holding out a Camp tee shirt and basketball shorts. He reluctantly took them and went to change. I tidied up Percy's room before pulling him towards Half-Blood Hill. Many of the demigods were already there. I smiled as I saw the entire Athena cabin. They had managed to quicken the pace and were perfectly on schedule. I checked my watch. 8:55. Only five more free minutes. I knew that Argus was always on time. I gave Percy one more quick peck on the cheek before heading to my cabin.

"Hey, Annabeth," Malcolm greeted. "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be," I responded. As if on cue, multiple vans pulled up, revealing our families. I gulped down a rising nervousness. Malcolm noticed and gave my wrist a quick squeeze. I smiled at him gratefully. If it weren't for Percy and Malcolm, along with a few others, I might never make I through. "Alright," I began once more. "I need to begin the greetings and what not. Then I have to prepare the welcome thing for the pavilion." Malcolm nodded an okay.

"Need help?" he asked. I nodded thankfully. Then, I saw my dad, Fredrick Chase. Along with my step-brothers, Bobby and Mathew, and my step-mother, Helen. A growl rose in my throat. Malcolm glanced at me. I quickly composed myself. "I gotta go," he said and raced off to his own family. Great. I thought. I smiled slightly, which probably looked more like a grimace to my family.

Then, what surprised me the most, was my father surging toward me and engulfing me in a bear hug. I didn't respond for a moment, then reluctantly hugged him back. "I missed you so much," he whispered. All I could do was nod. I glanced at Helen who was holding back Bobby and Mathew, preventing me from "infecting them with this terrible demigod disease" as she put it. I glanced at Percy who was greeting his little sister, Cameron. I smiled at that. Why couldn't I greet my some-what siblings.